Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted door sill plates By Norm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mucall

2013 Model S 85
Apr 24, 2017
Fayetteville NC
Just install the lighted door sill plates on my model s. Just fantastic. The link below have some pictures of the installation and the final product. This makes the car just look amazing.

Lighted door sill plates By Norm

For those interested contact Norm @
[email protected]
Price for the set is 160.00 delivered.

Attachments

• IMG_6975.JPG
    IMG_6975.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,763
  • IMG_6980.JPG
    IMG_6980.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 1,349
  • IMG_6981.JPG
    IMG_6981.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 1,288
  • IMG_6982.JPG
    IMG_6982.JPG
    391.4 KB · Views: 1,341
Looks Great! How hard is the installation process?
The door trim pieces just literally pop off and then you'd have to remove the aluminum sill plate and replace it with the new one. It should be a matter of direct plug and play for the lights to actually work. Maybe less than 1 hour total (that's removing most of the aluminum sill and tape residue).

Reactions: Mucall
Looked at the pictures a bit closer @Mucall, did you remove the over gas pedal light power to power the plate? Or does @norm ship with an adapter to support the power for the plate and the over gas petal light?

I remove the original port to power the door sill and plug in the OEM light . Look at the picture attached. Hope this help. The power still he provided with this have both male and female plugs to connect your original light back in

Attachments

• IMG_6987.PNG
    IMG_6987.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,295
  • Informative
Reactions: BigD0g
Curious, is the lettering still recessed like the OEM sills? I bought the lighted sills from tesland (wasn't aware of Norm's). Mine are not recessed which means an easy overlay of protection film to protect from scuff marks.

Curious, is the lettering still recessed like the OEM sills? I bought the lighted sills from tesland (wasn't aware of Norm's). Mine are not recessed which means an easy overlay of protection film to protect from scuff marks.

DougS
Look at picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_6988.JPG
    IMG_6988.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 1,271
  • IMG_6989.JPG
    IMG_6989.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 1,245
  • IMG_6990.JPG
    IMG_6990.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 1,223
Bebop. Below I made 2 Videos at night time. Is my first time loading on you tube so they are not the greatest but might help on your request.

Thanks for the videos! And man that is so cool. Did you do the abstract lights too by any chance?

I'm curious to see if that is what it looks it like since I'm planning on changing the interior lights with the abstract ocean lights.