Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted T Sign

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll buy it if u still have it
I have one used (to be dismounted from my Model Y that I will trade in next week), and New un-used (was for my 2nd Y).

If OP does not respond.

$230 new
$190 used

Shipped free in US
Lemme know.

Picture for inspiration:
20210313_120940.jpg
20210405_200553.jpg

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Probably discontinued because Tesla stopped making the hole into the trunk area on models sometime after June or so. Not sure how one would power it and definitely would not be drilling a hole in the trunk.
There never was a hole on the Model 3, at least not on my 2018 or my buddies 2020 I installed the lighted T on both.

I installed mine back in the summer of 2020. Mine came from EVENNEX and it's really not so scary to drill since an OEM emblem would completely cover any holes if you decided to remove the lighted one in the future. The two tiny holes are also sealed from the inside and out with included silicon. I realize were are now talking about a discontinued / semi black market item, but here's the details.....

There are two ways to install the T.
  • Option one, just tapping the license plate lamps to power the T it will be on full HIGH illumination always when either your headlights or parking lights are on.
  • Option two, which is what I did, you also tap the brake wire lead so that it illuminates on LOW when the lights are on, and HIGH only when the brakes are pressed.
I agree that High is a bit bright, but setup this way I love it along with my more recent dynamic lower signals.

J2e.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3666.JPEG
    IMG_3666.JPEG
    531.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3668.JPEG
    IMG_3668.JPEG
    294.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3673.JPEG
    IMG_3673.JPEG
    334 KB · Views: 57
  • J4e.jpg
    J4e.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Drilling a hole in my Model X isn't what's causing me problems, it's removing the interior rear hatch trim. We can't seem to figure it out nor can we find any videos. I'm leary of just pulling until something pops because I don't want to break anything. Does anyone have any videos or suggestions on where to start?

T
Drilling a hole in my Model X isn't what's causing me problems, it's removing the interior rear hatch trim. We can't seem to figure it out nor can we find any videos. I'm leary of just pulling until something pops because I don't want to break anything. Does anyone have any videos or suggestions on where to start?
This install video might help.

• Informative
Reactions: Jjmboni
T

This install video might help.
Wow that was an involved custom! I finally found a video that went through it and we realized you just have to be firm when you pull. We still ended up breaking a few tabs but fortunately there's a lot on that back liner. :) We got it done and the lit emblem in the back looks great!

In case anyone is curious, I bought mine from refitacar.com

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Wow that was an involved custom! I finally found a video that went through it and we realized you just have to be firm when you pull. We still ended up breaking a few tabs but fortunately there's a lot on that back liner. :) We got it done and the lit emblem in the back looks great!

In case anyone is curious, I bought mine from refitacar.com
You know I saw refitacar but I wasn't sure if it was official so I was hesitant to pull the trigger and order it. How long did it take for you to receive yours? Do you have a video or pic of it on your car?