Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighting question.. might be obvious to some..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lee_B

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2016
Alexandria VA
I am on a long trip in my 2016 Model X and I just noticed that the footwells are not lit at night. Is there a way to turn them on? I know there is a vendor that sells LEDs but I was wondering if Telsa natively has no light in the footwells. I will order a set if that's the case or is it a setting I don't understand or is something not working on my car. I feel a light there it's just not on

Do you mean the front footwells? I would assume these are on all the time when doors are open, etc. Is ambient/internal/whatever lighting set to auto/on in the settings? (Haven't looked at this in a while, but whenever I get in my car, all the lights turn on, puddle, floor, dome, etc.)

The back footwells are optional included with PUP, but you can add them with the lights from Abstract Ocean and others (the wiring is there). So, depends on which ones we're discussing!

(And your sig says Model S, BTW. :D)

My front footwell lights in the MX don't show up in any situation. Is there a setting to check? Just curious.
I have both an MS and MX until Monday when I sold my MS. Just haven't updated the signature block in a while.

Gotcha..... in the Controls menu, it's possible the Ambient setting has been turned off: When you have the time, looking over the whole manual is a good idea; should be a link to it in your My Tesla documents sections, or google will find it.

It's also possible if these lights never worked, that it's an issue for the Service Center. Tysons (I assume) should take care of that for you quickly.

upload_2018-3-5_8-57-36.png

Reactions: Lee_B
Unfortunately I believe I'm falling into the never work category. I appreciate your information it at least confirms that I was doing it correctly

Gotcha..... in the Controls menu, it's possible the Ambient setting has been turned off: When you have the time, looking over the whole manual is a good idea; should be a link to it in your My Tesla documents sections, or google will find it.

It's also possible if these lights never worked, that it's an issue for the Service Center. Tysons (I assume) should take care of that for you quickly.

View attachment 284408