Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Like New S100D, 5k mi, everything including FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DukeofURL

Apr 1, 2016
North NJ
Hey everyone! My Model S is effectively new, I took delivery 12/27/2018, no dings or chips in the Midnight Silver paint, the Black Premium interior looks unused, there’s plenty of tread on the tires, etc. I rushed to get a car before the tax refund halved, but now I’ve decided I’d prefer a different one.

This presents a unique opportunity to anyone who wants to upgrade to features like AP2.5 (with a free FSD/AP3 upgrade), MCU2, and wants to save $10,000 off the new price. I’m willing to offer it up for $20,000 below sticker price, at $87,500 or best offer. I’ll even throw in a full detail job so it has that showroom shine (or $250 credit for your favorite detail shop). The car comes with the full warranty, but was apparently built on one of Tesla’s better days as it hasn’t needed one trip to the Service Center for anything.

I’ll attach the window sticker, and I’ll get some more pics when it stops raining around here haha, but the car is available for inspection in Morris County NJ by appointment. VIN available upon request.

Attachments

• B980B6AD-B6B4-47F6-80BC-7D6D87FABAB0.jpeg
    B980B6AD-B6B4-47F6-80BC-7D6D87FABAB0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
I didn't see FSD included on the monroney picture (the sticker). Was it purchased after taking possession?
It was an inventory car that hadn't yet reached the Tesla Store (0mi on it), and matched my order minus FSD, so they just enabled that option. I was curious to check to ensure they had in fact enabled it, so I pulled all of the option codes from the owner API.
Here’s all of them:
Code:
    "option_codes": "RENA,AF02,APF2,APH3,APPB,AU01,BCMB,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX6,CDM0,CH04,PMNG,CW02,DCF0,
DRLH,DSHG,DU00,DV4W,FG02,FMP6,FR04,HC00,HP00,IDBO,INFBP,IX00,LLP1,LP01,ME02,MI03,PF00,
PI01,PK00,PS01,PX00,QTFP,RFFG,S32P,SC06,SP00,SR07,ST01,SU01,TIG4,TM00,TR00,UTSB,WTAS,
X001,X003,X007,X011,X013,X021,X025,X027,X028,X031,X037,X040,X043,YFCC,MDLS,COUS",
APF2 is the FSD one.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a 100D, but for around $72K. This would make my fourth Model S. While your car is new, it is already dated with the announcement of the new drive-unit technology, with in-motor improvements as well as upgrades to lubrication, cooling, bearings, and gear design. All this adds up to more than 93 percent efficiency, as well as 50% faster charging with V3 technoloy and 370 miles of range vs 335 miles for the old generation 100D.

I would sell this as fast as possible, before others figure this out. Also with the $20K discount for P100D with Lud, this will be a tough market to sell in for more than $75K...

Faster Charging
Paired with the new more efficient drivetrain design, Model S and Model X are now capable of achieving 200 kW on V3 Superchargers and 145 kW on V2 Superchargers. Together, these improvements enable our customers to recharge their miles 50% faster.

Fully Adaptive Suspension
We’ve also upgraded our air suspension system for Model S and Model X with fully-adaptive damping, giving it an ultra-cushioned feel when cruising on the highway or using Autopilot, and a responsive, exhilarating confidence during dynamic driving. Unlike other manufacturers, our suspension software is developed completely in-house, using a predictive model to anticipate how the damping will need to be adjusted based on the road, speed, and other vehicle and driver inputs. The system constantly adapts by sensing the road and adjusting for driver behavior, automatically softening for more pronounced road inputs and firming for aggressive driving. We’ve also improved the leveling of the system while cruising, keeping the car low to optimize aerodynamic drag. As with all of Tesla’s in-house software, the adaptive suspension can receive over-the-air updates, allowing us to enable all Model S and Model X customers to have the most advanced suspension technology at all times.

Constant Refinement
To complement these changes, we’ve also re-engineered several other components of Model S and Model X in keeping with our philosophy of continuous improvement. These updates include new wheel bearings and a few new tire designs for certain variants to improve range, ride, and steering. While these changes may seem minor, together they have a meaningful impact when it comes to EV design.

Source: The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther

It was an inventory car that hadn't yet reached the Tesla Store (0mi on it), and matched my order minus FSD, so they just enabled that option. I was curious to check to ensure they had in fact enabled it, so I pulled all of the option codes from the owner API.
Here’s all of them:
Code:
    "option_codes": "RENA,AF02,APF2,APH3,APPB,AU01,BCMB,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX6,CDM0,CH04,PMNG,CW02,DCF0,
DRLH,DSHG,DU00,DV4W,FG02,FMP6,FR04,HC00,HP00,IDBO,INFBP,IX00,LLP1,LP01,ME02,MI03,PF00,
PI01,PK00,PS01,PX00,QTFP,RFFG,S32P,SC06,SP00,SR07,ST01,SU01,TIG4,TM00,TR00,UTSB,WTAS,
X001,X003,X007,X011,X013,X021,X025,X027,X028,X031,X037,X040,X043,YFCC,MDLS,COUS",
APF2 is the FSD one.
Any idea how to map the options code to features the vehicle has? Do you have a library ? I need todo this for a model X to figure out what options it has since there is no build sheet for it or MVPA ,

Any idea how to map the options code to features the vehicle has? Do you have a library ? I need todo this for a model X to figure out what options it has since there is no build sheet for it or MVPA ,
There’s a few lists and converters out there, I just searched for them and found 3 different ones other than the one I used a few weeks ago and was going to post here, lol. Any one should do the trick for you. Some even allow you to post a comma separated list and it’ll decode the full thing, that’s your best option.
Model S 100D 5YJSA1E23JF294597 | Tesla

100D with 780 miles + FSD
$78k and $75,000 with tax credit.

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E28JF284843 | Tesla

$79k with FSD.
Well if Tesla is gonna sabotage their used car values (by reducing new car prices drastically) like that, it looks like they’re gonna lose out on another new car sale from me. As much as I’m willing to pay to upgrade to the Performance model, I don’t consider being forced to enjoy my brand new Model S a punishment, haha.

There’s a few lists and converters out there, I just searched for them and found 3 different ones other than the one I used a few weeks ago and was going to post here, lol. Any one should do the trick for you. Some even allow you to post a comma separated list and it’ll decode the full thing, that’s your best option.

Well if Tesla is gonna sabotage their used car values (by reducing new car prices drastically) like that, it looks like they’re gonna lose out on another new car sale from me. As much as I’m willing to pay to upgrade to the Performance model, I don’t consider being forced to enjoy my brand new Model S a punishment, haha.
would you please DM me a link? what am I searching for? I can scrape the option code data from the Tesla site THEN parse it into JASON but that's gonna take me too much engineering time and its just now worth it , would rather just use something already built. Thank you. I want to insert the codes or VIN into a form and get back what the vehicle features. subzero, RWD.AWD,ap2,FSD,leather,pano etccc

• Informative
Reactions: Kuhz
Your best bet is to avoid tmc and try on various third party sites, where knowledge of new inventory cars may be less prevalent
I guess I'll head to craigslist and deal with the people who think they can offer $5,000 and actually think people would seriously consider it. I can go down to $82500 no problem (which is still $5k less than matching discount cars, and a whopping $14k below custom order), but Tesla isn't making it easy lol.

I bought my last Tesla off eBaymotors. Key difference on eBay is there is no comment function, the price is the price. You can set minimums and also allow best offers (which you can accept or decline).

In fact I have bought 9 cars of ebay over the years for our family. Never had any issues and got some really awesome deals.

Make sure you let people know this is a private party sale. I refuse to buy from dealers that add fees for doing absolutely nothing.

• Helpful
Reactions: DukeofURL and Pismo
Interesting to see a post where we eat our own children :(
It happens on the "for sale" area more than you think. Part of it is a harsh wake up call to the seller. There are multiple reasons for that. Second, people responding aren't always very thoughtful and polite. I've tried to sell my car here, and it was quite the shock. But I'm very glad I went through that!! I needed it. Didn't want it, but very good medicine!

Reactions: rjscoder