Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Like to drive to Fremont Ca to visit the Tesla factory next month? Read on...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like to visit Fremont CA next month? Read on...

I am Mac McCauley, of the Colorado Springs Electric Vehicle Club, see more at:

Colorado Springs EV Club

Anyway, we decided to make a ONE-TIME visit to Fremont and tour the Tesla assembly plant next month, that is, Tuesday, July 17th, 2018. We currently have 12 cars participating. The club has decided to let other owners know of our trip and invite ANY Tesla owner to come along with us. Our members have the 11:00 AM factory tour completely booked, so you would have to go on the tour at a different time, (or even a different day). The tour starting times for that day are 10 AM, 11 AM (all booked up), 3 PM, and 4 PM. You would have to request your own tour that day. You can do that at:

[email protected]

You are COMPLETELY WELCOME to join us on the whole trip, part of it, or just meet us there and have a meal. We depart Colorado Springs on Saturday, July 14th. Overnight in Evanston, WY. Day two goes from Evanston WY to Lovelock, NV (Sunday, July 15th). Day three is Lovelock, NV to Fremont, CA (that is Monday, July 16th). The factory tour is the next day, July 17th. Most of us are splitting up and going our separate ways after the tour, but a couple of folks will be going right back to Colorado afterwards and are open to driving in a group. If you have any interest in going with us, let me know at:

[email protected]

Have a good Tesla day!!

Mac

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA and Akikiki
You should stop in at Grand Junction (I-70 is much nicer than I-80) and say hi to the Western Slope EV club. I did the pilgrimage in March in my MS through Vegas and LA. The tour is interesting. That's all I'm allowed to say about that.

Vespax, we have limited driving time. Any delays will cause us to have to drive overtime to make our tour time. I-70 is rather frequently delayed and blocked/closed. I-80 is not as scenic but there are far fewer delays. We are welcome to come back via I-70 if desired.
Plus, Lovelock is based on driving time from Evanston, WY. There are several places to stay, we just chose one and booked it. Mac

Vespax, we have limited driving time. Any delays will cause us to have to drive overtime to make our tour time. I-70 is rather frequently delayed and blocked/closed. I-80 is not as scenic but there are far fewer delays. We are welcome to come back via I-70 if desired.
Plus, Lovelock is based on driving time from Evanston, WY. There are several places to stay, we just chose one and booked it. Mac
I'm guessing most of the other hotel guests will be people visiting prisoners at OJ's former home.

Tao, thanks!! I lived near Austin, Texas for a couple of decades. Austin is kind of Nashville West. There is a lot of music and minor, relatively unknown musical groups hoping to become famous. There was an unknown group playing there for a couple of years by the name Napoleonblownapart. I thought it was catchy. I appropriated it as an email address decades later. It's okay but it is EXTREMELY long to type on all forms, etc.
Mwoz, there is a supercharger in Wendover with 6 positions and an additional KOA campground with hookups. Should be NO trouble. 30-40 minutes per car. No prob.
Vespax, Reno is not possible from Evanston WY. If we stayed in Reno, we would have to wake up very early and drive like crazy with no room for error to arrive at the factory for our 11AM tour.
Thanks for all your comments! Mac