Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited Company Salary Sacrifice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Apologies in advance if this has been covered and answered but nothing cropped up in related discussions.

Situation is this, I am a director of my Ltd company, as is my wife. Can I set up salary sacrifice through my own Ltd? Is it worth it? Is it any better than say just a normal business car lease or PCP?

Thanks.

Reactions: randompixel
I am a director of my Ltd company, as is my wife

Recommend you speak to your accountant, but my guess is you might be better off with a company car, rather than salary sacrifice. I have two company cars on "my company" (its not just a "me and the missus" outfit :) ). 100% first year allowance, and BiK is tiny. We have free charging at work (all EV owning employees) and company pays running cost of car (tyres / insurance - have you got a teenage kid that wants to learn to drive?), and Supercharger usage. We don't claim home electricity (to fiddle and its a couple of £hundred a year at most.

I asked my accountant (visited today, per chance) about pros / cons stuffing replacing the existing £150K of vehicles on the company. His crystal ball glaze was that chancellor will need the money, so BiK tax will be back in a couple of years. So we've had the best out of the incentives.