TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lines overlaid on camera in reverse

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dpodoll, Feb 12, 2015.

1. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

Apologize if this is old news. I have been out of country for a month or so, but didn't find anything searching. Picked up a loaner 85 yesterday from the SC. Surprised to see back up lines overlaid on the rear camera while in reverse. Did this happened when they changed the hardware to enable ACC and auto-pilot? Wonder if our old cars will get an update...not holding my breath though.

2. Obsoletion

Obsoletion Member

All Model S got that with a firmware update. I think 6.1

3. morbot

morbot Member

Yup, should be in all cars when they get 6.1, has no dependencies on any of the new auto-pilot hardware, etc. If your car has a backup cam, you'll have this

4. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

What's even more exciting is that v6.1 can finally draw over the camera image. So your Homelink and Profile menus can drop down over the video image if it is on the top-half of the screen. Similarly, if the camera is on the bottom-half of the screen, your temperature and volume pop-ups can finally be displayed (I haven't seen those in years, since I always keep the camera at the bottom-half).

5. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I wish these lines were better anti-aliased. They look pretty shoddy right now.

They should be solid white (or have some color coding), with a one or two pixel anti-aliased border around them--then they'd look a lot nicer. (Sorry, been designing an app UI for the last 6 months :).

6. BerTX

BerTX Member

Perfection precludes continuous improvement.