Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Linking Issue with fobs and profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 12/2016 MS with 3 fobs and FSD beta 2023.7.20. Previously, all 3 fobs were linked to different profiles (mine, wife, guest). This weekend we took a trip and I found that every time my wife got in (first), it no longer picked her profile. After thinking something was messed up, I took just her fob into the car (mine was 30 ft away at that point, fob 3 200 miles away) and went to profile setup, and her profile. My only option was "link to fob 1" even though I know this was fob 2. I then went and swapped fobs thinking maybe they were mixed up. Again with the other 2 fobs far away, I go into profiles and still only see "link to fob 1". So I did a reboot, I did a power off and tried again. There was no way to see fob 2. After getting home, I tried again but with no luck. So then I removed fob 3 from guest and brought just that fob back into the car to link it to guest (and confirm it saw fob 3). I didn't. Now I can't see fob 2 or 3 as an option, only link fob 1 (which is already linked to my profile).

Anyone have any suggestions on what is going on and how I can get the MCU to let me see/link to fob 2 and fob 3? What I don't want to do is delete all the settings and profiles and start over - it has taken years to get them just right.

Thanks.