Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lisle Illinois Sales and Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The link you posted only goes to the Village of Lisle NextDoor front page and does not mention anything about Tesla.

Westmont, Hinsdale, Western Springs and Oakbrook have got to be the bullseye of Tesla sales in the western suburbs. Why do you think the Westmont facility will move to Lisle?

An additional sales and service center in Lisle would be a great asset though. I just don't see moving an already very busy SC would be beneficial.

Last edited:
I hope you are right.

The Tesla story is at the bottom of the page. Below is a copy:

a2def2f9a3db5b11e52735ad552a6c75.jpg.max800.jpg

Lisle Welcomes Tesla Electric Car Sales, Service & Delivery Facility

The new sign is up and efforts are underway to make the buildings at 3200/30 Ogden Avenue ready for their new tenants, Tesla. The approximately $150,000 commercial remodel project received a certificate of occupancy and a sign permit last week and property improvements have been moving quickly. The Village welcomes Tesla to its newest home!

How about that! Well, more is better, and having Lisle would be slightly closer to me, once I get one, that is.

I still don't see Tesla in the link though. ???

I know that area all too darn well. My old business was less than a mile from there on Ogden to the west. That section of Ogden Avenue in Lisle and western D.G. has been a total ghost town of late. Almost every building has been abandoned and left for dead. The address above was another car dealer and more than once. Most of those buildings over there were car dealers, and most all of them moved to Naperville by Ogden and Aurora Road. Land values dropped 75% over the last 20 years. I can hardly believe Tesla has chosen that stretch for a service center, yet I'll bet batteries to gas tanks that the price was more than right.

I really wonder why Tesla wouldn't have opened in Naperville on West Ogden instead. The prices there are good too, as many car dealers on West Ogden moved over to Aurora Road another half mile southwest. And Naperville is probably a much nicer demographic than Lisle.

I called the Westmont service center and they confirmed your theory that both will remain open.

The Lysle facility used to be a Hummer dealer and when it closed around 2010 was used as spill over for the adjacent Jeep dealer until it moved to Naperville.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bikeman
Westmont serves one of Tesla's first and primary markets: Hinsdale and Oak Brook. Closing that SC would not serve the people who buy S and X. Tesla is with all the high end European brands at this location.

I have a relative that lives nearby the new location. That area has had a lot of retail exodus. It's good to see this building occupied. There's a seperate back building that may be a bodyshop.

The new, very large West Side Tractor next door is cool. Also worth checking out for those interested in such things.

The Tesla Lisle / Naperville service & sales center is now open for business, albeit a soft open. Call first before you stop by if you have some biz to do with them there. Their full open begins Feb 1st, 2021.

There was one car in the showroom, a white Model X, for now. Many Y's and 3's were parked outside - several with MFGR plates, but a whole lot more with no plates at all. Looked like they're using this location for stock and some staging. It is large enough inside to display about 7 vehicles comfortably. What I have never noticed about the property until today, is the enormous parking lot on the east side of the building, as depicted in DBeckwith's photo above. But that shot only conveys 1/4ths its real size. Very necessary in 2021 and beyond. And as large as this location is, and commensurate with the demographic they're located in, I actually wonder if this site might not meet Tesla's needs beyond 2023 the way the company is growing.

One cannot understate the bold ambition and irony of converting a former Hummer dealership's building into a premier Tesla sales and service center. They've done a terrific job so far, and they're not quite done yet.

I asked about the listing as "Naperville" on the official Tesla map while the address is clearly within Lisle's boundries. They waffled around that question but did say the listing choice was intentional. I also asked if I could take a photo from inside and was told it wouldn't be their preference just yet, as it would come off as unfinished and minimal. I agreed with that assessment. The photos from outside will have to do for now.

Hey, look! Another monolith!

i-CMVVtB3-X3.jpg

i-69RRJB4-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Just had some service done at this location for the first time. The staff was extremely friendly and the service went as smooth as can be.

The facility is quite a bit bigger than Westmont, and they're definitely not ramped up yet to take full advantage of its capacity. There's lots of as-of-yet unused parking lot space and service bays, in contrast to the packed-to-the-gills Westmont. I imagine this extra capacity will come in very handy in the near future as Tesla's customer base continues to expands.

This thread was buried 9 pages back. I visited the Lisle/Naperville Tesla location again yesterday for the first time since post #13 above. My SA set me up with a test drive for middle of next week, so I'll report back following that. I've got some Tesla videos to watch for homework in the mean time. Of course, they have to find/set-up a car. Not a lot of Y's around that aren't already sold. I asked if they might find a Gemini 19" car for the drive, as I absolutely don't want a harsh ride, nor does my wife -- and I'll see how well that goes.

The one I played with in the showroom was a 7-seater. Weird. Got to finally open and close a frunk, and I didn't bend anything! It was built a week and a half ago and still no rear passenger double pane glass. :(

Frankly, I have some anxiety about this test driving. I don't want to dislike the Y, and I don't think I will. I don't really want to pay the going prices of these things (who does). I don't want to have an accident in the half hour I'm out there alone. But I'm also excited. Does that make sense? The current Y LR is twice what I've ever paid for a new car. More anxiety again. :rolleyes: Am I alone with these feelings?

Anyway, the SA was great and friendly. Not the hurried feeling I got out of the Westmont staff in the past. Lisle's stock, and showroom is still pretty sparse 1.5 years later, but so are available models to show prospective customers.

Reactions: TK16688
This thread was buried 9 pages back. I visited the Lisle/Naperville Tesla location again yesterday for the first time since post #13 above. My SA set me up with a test drive for middle of next week, so I'll report back following that. I've got some Tesla videos to watch for homework in the mean time. Of course, they have to find/set-up a car. Not a lot of Y's around that aren't already sold. I asked if they might find a Gemini 19" car for the drive, as I absolutely don't want a harsh ride, nor does my wife -- and I'll see how well that goes.

The one I played with in the showroom was a 7-seater. Weird. Got to finally open and close a frunk, and I didn't bend anything! It was built a week and a half ago and still no rear passenger double pane glass. :(

Frankly, I have some anxiety about this test driving. I don't want to dislike the Y, and I don't think I will. I don't really want to pay the going prices of these things (who does). I don't want to have an accident in the half hour I'm out there alone. But I'm also excited. Does that make sense? The current Y LR is twice what I've ever paid for a new car. More anxiety again. :rolleyes: Am I alone with these feelings?

Anyway, the SA was great and friendly. Not the hurried feeling I got out of the Westmont staff in the past. Lisle's stock, and showroom is still pretty sparse 1.5 years later, but so are available models to show prospective customers.
A couple of months ago, over here in Indy, I got to spend a day in a Model Y that was a loaner when my X was in for service. It wasn't brand new (25,000 miles) but I was pretty impressed. Even wife was impressed, although not enough to give up her 3.