Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of 18" wheels for P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know offhand how much the EV01+ wheels weigh. I've tried to find the info online, but couldn't find anything. Thanks...

21.4 lbs (9.7 kg) including the aero covers, 20.8 lbs (9.5 kg) without. This is for the 18x8.5" that I bought.

Sources:

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=ev01(+)&fn=titanium&v=tesla_2019_model+3_lr+dual+motor+(awd)-lr+double+moteur+(traction+intégrale)_s_pp
New Tesla Model 3 Aero Wheel From Fast Wheels — Wicked! | CleanTechnica

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 2.03.46 PM.png

Plan is to wrap them in PS4S 225 width. Lowest package weight possible tire+wheel for drag racing purposes, mainly like to have fun on the 1/8. Plus side is that assuming I don’t like the way 225/45 tires handle then I’ll wrap them in dedicated snow tires where the narrow width will help more.

@UWGorilla Any updates on your 7.5 inch rims? Love your idea. Do you have any 0-60's recorded?

Plan is to wrap them in PS4S 225 width. Lowest package weight possible tire+wheel for drag racing purposes, mainly like to have fun on the 1/8. Plus side is that assuming I don’t like the way 225/45 tires handle then I’ll wrap them in dedicated snow tires where the narrow width will help more.

Any reason you decided to go with the PS4S instead of something like the Pirelli PZ4 Sport? You could get them in a 235/45/18 width @ 23 pounds each, compared to the 225/45/18 PS4S @ 24 pounds.

I have the 8.5 MW03's on order, and am doing similar.. trying to cut weight. But my stock continentals are only 23 pounds, so almost every option weighs more than they currently do. The pirelli's were the only thing I could find that were stickier and the same weight, without getting into a cup series tire.

That's awesome. Please get back to me with a 0-60 time with those rims, and if you have a draggy you might be able to take the number 1 spot!

shouldn't be that hard to take the spots. With a pretty much stock except for front rotors, I'm tied in 1st for the 1/8, and #2 on the 1/4 by 0.05s, and #7 on the 1/2 overall, beating out a bunch of model X's and some older p100d's. This will change once my rear rotors are on and the new wheels are in :) ... I'm on a mission to trap 145mph on the 1/2

• Love
Reactions: Ferociious
Any reason you decided to go with the PS4S instead of something like the Pirelli PZ4 Sport? You could get them in a 235/45/18 width @ 23 pounds each, compared to the 225/45/18 PS4S @ 24 pounds.

I have the 8.5 MW03's on order, and am doing similar.. trying to cut weight. But my stock continentals are only 23 pounds, so almost every option weighs more than they currently do. The pirelli's were the only thing I could find that were stickier and the same weight, without getting into a cup series tire.

I guess I overlooked the PZ4's :(, I was looking at other tires and went with the PS4S for the grip and use as daily tire. They did weigh in closer to 23, Let me know how you like those tires for spirited driving as this may be a good excuse for me to burn through my tires quick to pick a new set up for another 2lb rotational mass loss. I saw the 225/45/18 are 21.x LB in the Pirelli. Tirerack lists them as 22lb and 23 for the PS4S but I skimped on going to the manufacturer site.

I guess I overlooked the PZ4's :(, I was looking at other tires and went with the PS4S for the grip and use as daily tire. They did weigh in closer to 23, Let me know how you like those tires for spirited driving as this may be a good excuse for me to burn through my tires quick to pick a new set up for another 2lb rotational mass loss. I saw the 225/45/18 are 21.x LB in the Pirelli. Tirerack lists them as 22lb and 23 for the PS4S but I skimped on going to the manufacturer site.

The 21 pound 225/45/18 is a lower load rating, unless you found a set that I didn't see available? Think the numbers I seen was that it loses almost 600 pounds of total load rating, which would put me into a scenario where I would sacrifice the extra 4~ pound gains out of safety concerns.

Reactions: moltenfire
The 21 pound 225/45/18 is a lower load rating, unless you found a set that I didn't see available? Think the numbers I seen was that it loses almost 600 pounds of total load rating, which would put me into a scenario where I would sacrifice the extra 4~ pound gains out of safety concerns.
Yes I do believe they are rated as a 95 versus oem 18s being rated as 98. The stock 20s are rated as a 92Y so there is that too. When I was asking the tireshop they said over the oem min load rating is safe.

98 = 6844
95 = 6393
92 = 5842

In my case the tires I mounted are also 95 ZR rated which is about 450 more than my stock 20s but 450 less than your stock 18s.

Reactions: moltenfire and Sam1
Yes I do believe they are rated as a 95 versus oem 18s being rated as 98. The stock 20s are rated as a 92Y so there is that too. When I was asking the tireshop they said over the oem min load rating is safe.

98 = 6844
95 = 6393
92 = 5842

In my case the tires I mounted are also 95 ZR rated which is about 450 more than my stock 20s but 450 less than your stock 18s.

Didn't realize that with the 20"s. I've got 19" stocks and they were 96's on the conti RX, guess 95's aren't too far from that. Another problem i have now is that, especially on the front, after installing the lightweight rotors, it keeps breaking the tires lose under acceleration and you can see on the logs that it is nerfing the front power 2-3 times per 0-60 pull. Would be concerned of even though they are stickier at 225, I'm also losing contact patch size. Hell, I'm even concerned that the 235's won't stick once the new wheels are on there too, so it may require even going to a 245.

Thing feels like a completely different car removing that 20~ pounds on the rotors, and that is close to the hub, so its effects will be less than what is felt from reducing wheel weight. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out, and/or if I end up having to use soft compound tires just to get the thing to stick a launch on the street :D

Didn't realize that with the 20"s. I've got 19" stocks and they were 96's on the conti RX, guess 95's aren't too far from that. Another problem i have now is that, especially on the front, after installing the lightweight rotors, it keeps breaking the tires lose under acceleration and you can see on the logs that it is nerfing the front power 2-3 times per 0-60 pull. Would be concerned of even though they are stickier at 225, I'm also losing contact patch size. Hell, I'm even concerned that the 235's won't stick once the new wheels are on there too, so it may require even going to a 245.

Thing feels like a completely different car removing that 20~ pounds on the rotors, and that is close to the hub, so its effects will be less than what is felt from reducing wheel weight. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out, and/or if I end up having to use soft compound tires just to get the thing to stick a launch on the street :D
Well I'll post info on here once I start heading to events, hoping for no rain on saturday..... but its seattle..... that was my worry as rotor upgrades are in my near future as well and the PS4S is a bit stickier than the rest for a street tire and we shall see if it is enough. If it gets the job done well I may try out the Pirellis as they are cheaper and lighter for science lol.

Reactions: Sam1
Don't buy the EV01+, or frankly anything from Fast Wheels outside of Canada. I bought a set in December, and after just two months the aero inserts rubbed the finish off the inset parts of the wheels. Fast Wheels agreed it was defective manufacturing and agreed to cover it under warranty, and then after a couple weeks of silence, completely backed out - not because they no longer think it's defective, but because they don't want to pay shipping on a new set. Offered me $140CAD to repair all 4 wheels. Warranty has zero reference to sales outside of Canada not being covered. Total bs.