Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lithuania, Latvia & Estonia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping someone from Lithuania can help here. This popped up on Plugshare:

upload_2018-5-27_17-56-5.png

It has not a single piece of useful information, no photo, no address, it even claims the location may not be correct.

It's probably just someone who saw the city name was on the most recent Tesla map update.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any more information about it.

Indeed, this is just a placeholder from Tesla site. Unfortunately, even in the updated Tesla SuC map the target opening date of Kaunas SuC is still not confirmed, so NOT 2018 or 2019 but later.
I don't think the location is confirmed either. There was an article in the local newspaper in 2015 about a possible location about 10 km south of the one indicated in Plugshare, with owners being "in advanced stages of talks with Tesla". However, no news since then.

Are you planing a trip to Lithuania? I plan to go from Belgium in July/August 2018.

Hoping someone from Lithuania can help here. This popped up on Plugshare:

View attachment 304149

It has not a single piece of useful information, no photo, no address, it even claims the location may not be correct.

It's probably just someone who saw the city name was on the most recent Tesla map update.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any more information about it.
It only took 3+ years, but the Kaunas supercharger construction has finally started!
Plugshare: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
Facebook post:

Some technical info of Kaunas SuC:
  • Installed power: 720 kW
  • Estimated annual energy consumption: 2000 MWh
  • Stall numbers: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D.
  • Permit/Technical project date: July /August 2020.
  • Exact address: INOVACIJŲ G. 1, BIRULIŠKIŲ K., KAUNO R. SAV., LIETUVA

More details, including drawings, in the attached file (in Lithuanian :p)
Source: Elektromobiliai - Miestai ir architektūra

Attachments

• Technical_Specification_SuC_Kaunas.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 102
Cool! Now I know where to go whenever I take the Texas-to-Lithuania road trip.

I can never 'not' think about Seinfeld where George Costanza converted to Latvian Orthodox just to be able to stay with a girlfriend. Who, by the way, immediately dumped him went back to Latvia.

• Disagree
Reactions: PStewart and Dangis
With the recent opening of the first Supercharger in the Baltics (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) we’re spinning off a separate thread so others will be able to find relevant info quickly.

We know the following about the Supercharger network in the Baltics so far:

The first operational SuC near Kaunas, Lithuania with 5 stalls:
  • 3x V3 stalls (250kW)
  • 2x V2 stalls (150kW shared between the two)
The supercharger is available through in-car navigation since Sep 19, 2021.

Foundations for 3 more stalls are in place and can be added anytime. PlugShare URL: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

It's likely, the second SuC might open in Rezekne, Latvia according to this source: Tesla secures lease for first Latvian Supercharger

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and PStewart