Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Camera View in the U.K.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think the car has a data limit. It’s not your phone is it
The app shouldn’t be aware of any data limit you may have on your phone.

There may not be a data limit for other functions on the car but I suspect Tesla has put one on the live view to keep their bandwidth costs down - possible both from a cellular point of view and bandwidth in/out of their data centres.

The app shouldn’t be aware of any data limit you may have on your phone.

There may not be a data limit for other functions on the car but I suspect Tesla has put one on the live view to keep their bandwidth costs down - possible both from a cellular point of view and bandwidth in/out of their data centres.
It’s possible they’ve imposed a temporary data limit during the Christmas period as a large number of car users will be trying it out and saturating bandwidth.

Reactions: Durzel
The car can be connected to your phone via Bluetooth when in range, but won’t allow the doors to open until you’re really close to the car.
Have they changed the sensitivity recently? As I'd previously have the car locked in my driveway, and with my phone upstairs on my bedside cabinet, I could still manually/passively open the car some 8m away. It's the reason I disabled my phone key.

Have they changed the sensitivity recently? As I'd previously have the car locked in my driveway, and with my phone upstairs on my bedside cabinet, I could still manually/passively open the car some 8m away. It's the reason I disabled my phone key.

I have never been able to do this and its not a widely reported issue, worth noting there is also a setting which doesn't auto lock the doors if at home.

For phone key distance to unlock, from the many prior discussions and my own experience, it really does vary from phone to phone. I have used one phone that won't unlock unless almost touching the car while another phone I can leave inside the house and open the doors. So I can understand the many different experiences.

I wonder if the phone key restriction for live sentry is deliberate to make it more difficult for unofficial apps to implement it.

My son is a GDPR/Data Security Manager for a MOD contractor. I asked him about this issue. He said that without recorded sound it is not of interest to the ICO's Office and even with it is doubtful, because how many smartphone and GoPro recordings are made with the approval/agreement of people in the video and then posted on the web?
The law is, as ever, a long way behind the technology.