Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loan funding before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious how others have gone through the purchase process recently. The MX is coming from Florida and was reserved last Friday. All docs and forms are completed on my end except docusigning and actually funding the loan.

The used delivery team sent me an email requesting the funding letter to show verification that the loan is funded.

Seems a bit rushed considering the tentative eta for the vehicle is next week.

Thoughts?

I’m going through this same experience. They told me I needed to find the lab and have everything paid for before they would let me take delivery. I funded the loan on April 14 and still don’t have the car. I probably won’t have it for another week and a half. On to odd this I’ve been paying insurance on it since 4/7 and the ballots of my trade in is going down, and they’re charging every other day on my Tesla account for this devaluation. Not a whole lot I can do.

I'm picking up a DEMO MODX tomorrow in California. It was transported from Arizona. I was originally approved for a loan through Tesla but I found a lower interest rate through my credit union on Monday. I sent Tesla the info and paperwork was updated and I'm good to go. They did offer to "rate match" but that would be in the form of a check every month making up the difference. I said no to that. I also traded in my MODS and looks like all systems are go for pick up tomorrow.

I completely understand having the loan finalized before delivery. My intentions were to have it funded the day before delivery.

It just seemed odd for them to make a request for proof of funding this far out from delivery. Like mentioned before once its finalized you start accruing interest and paying insurance.