TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Loan help

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lobstakilla, Dec 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lobstakilla

Lobstakilla Member

Hello,

I am in need of some quick advice. I purchased a MS 60 and will be picking the car up tomorrow.

Total purchase price of the car was right around $80,000 and I am putting around $15,000 down. I am getting a loan for $66,000 from Alliant. I can't decide if it is better to get the 72 month at 1.99% or the 78 month at 2.24%? The difference is only about $60 per month. With the 2.24% I would probably make extra payments to try to pay it off early. Any help from the finance gurus would be greatly appreciated.

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Just go for the 72. If you can afford the payments, take the lower interest rate.

• Like x 5
  3. Steve1081

Steve1081 Member

Go with 1.99% for 72 months.

That is a great deal and you will pay less in interest.

• Like x 1
  4. Kay Kay

Kay Kay Member

There is going to be $900 extra interest if you go for 78 month and $50 monthly diffence in payment.

• Like x 1
  5. Gig103

Gig103 Member

I'd rather save the $910 in interest, myself. See attached from my homemade spreadsheet.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  6. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

I'd very strongly suggest saving the ~$910 in interest by taking the 1.99% @ 72 months. I'm picking up tomorrow as well and was able to get 1.74% @ 72 months.

• Like x 1
  7. Lobstakilla

Lobstakilla Member

Where did you find the 1.74%? That's a great rate!

8. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Indeed! US Bank, and actually just missed out on the 1.49% at 72 mos that was being offered by them unfortunately.