Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loan news on a youtube clip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The badly mismanaged electric-car startup quickly blew through Valor's money;

Really? He doesn't seem that upset about it...

Tesla requires hundreds of millions of dollars more than it has to make the Model S a reality — which is why Morgenstern's talk of new money is so interesting.

Because they might get the money in and prove you wrong?

and yet a new investor would be understandably reluctant to invest if Musk's replacement as CEO weren't a condition of the deal.

So you've seen the term sheet now, have you Owen?

And then there's this: Morgenstern uttered something particularly damning on the phone. He said the investment will "make people believers that the sedan will be produced."

Oh come on... play the video and see what tone this was said in. Are your readers that lazy that they won't bother? I guess that is what you are banking on and what you are hoping will be replicated ad infinitum elsewhere.

Last edited:
Oh come on... play the video and see what tone this was said in. Are your readers that lazy that they won't bother? I guess that is what you are banking on and what you are hoping will be replicated ad infinitum elsewhere.

Probably has less to do with them being lazy, more with them loving to hear negative on Tesla. Same comments every time.

The Daily Start-Up: Tesla Investor Caught (Or Acting) On Tape - Venture Capital Dispatch - WSJ

As AutoblogGreen first pointed out, a mysterious video surfaced Sunday on YouTube in which a Tesla Motors investor blabs about an upcoming financing round, which would be significant considering all the financial troubles the electric-car maker ran into several months ago. In the shaky cellphone video, the investor - which Gawker identifies as Victor Morgenstern, chairman of Chicago private-equity fund Valor Equity Partners - offers to take a “young man” for a ride around the block in his Tesla Roadster, and just as he begins driving he answers a phone call and says, “I think there’s going to be a big announcement coming Monday or Tuesday which should, No. 1, make people big believers that the [Model S electric sedan] is going to be produced…it’s an investment from a strategic….” The person who filmed the video and posted it on YouTube, is apparently a 14-year-old named Mike, according to his Facebook account linked from the video. Tesla hasn’t announced anything this week, and it’s not clear yet whether this is a scoop, a hoax, or, most likely judging by the timing and substance of the phone call, a bizarre publicity stunt….

This was a story that was going to happen regardless. Many watch youtube for Tesla videos, and I just happened to be the first one to notice it this time.

I guess the people that run this site like to get linkback credit for more traffic, but I don't mind it being uncredited.

By the way, it is Wednesday and still no news... :confused:

Clearly TEG is part of the conspiracy.

I assume you are joking (but no smiley)?

For the record, the first I knew anything of that video was when I typed "Tesla" into a youtube search and was enjoying watching another Tesla ride video and then was surprised by the cellphone call recorded on it.

In effect I think posting something to youtube is "alerting the press".