Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first service and I received a loaner MS. I am happy that I received a Tesla, unlike others that had to receive another brand of car via rental. However, being a new MS driver with AWD, my loaner has much to be desired. I don't feel that the dealer should give an auto pilot driver an older car without prior notice. My AutoPilot MS was the first Tesla that I owned so stepping into a rental without autopilot kind of confused me some at first. In addition, the loaner was rear wheel drive only, much different driving in the winter with snow/ice on the road. I will say, instead of trying to show me something nicer so I would look at moving up. The loaner showed me that I would have never bought a Tesla in the past. To me, the seats feel completely different and uncomfortable, and I can't get over the whine of the electric motor which doesn't exist in the current AWD models.
I assume that if you own a Tesla, you are a capable adult and a somewhat productive member of society. Therefore, you can cope with a non-AP Model S for a few days.

Reactions: FlyinLow
My classic S85 is in for an unscheduled service and luck had it that they had a loaded P85D with 53k miles just registered and in the service loaner fleet!

Love: Autopilot, next gen seats (front and rear), black headliner, heated steering wheel, staggered wheels and P+ suspension looks and handles incredible, auto high beams, red calipers, cf spoiler, rear facing seats (my 4 yr old loves them), insane mode is quick as sh-t

Didn't phase me: dual motor tiny trunk (awd is a nice to have for me), 21" wheels look amazing but I am scared of damaging them from a pothole, high fidelity sound - I'm not an audiophile but it doesn't sound any better than my standard audio system I just lose the bit of trunk storage where the sub now lives

Since they don't have any sales cars or test drives in CT, this experience has been great and may end up very expensive for me as I really want to upgrade to an AP car now!