Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

locating superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lightning bolt?

Map Display​

When Model Y is in Park, ...

Charging locations icon
Display/hide all charging locations and a popup list that includes the city and proximity of the corresponding stations on the map. Charging locations include Tesla Superchargers, destination charging sites, third-party fast chargers, and public chargers that you have used previously. See Charging Locations.

Touch the lightning bolt icons in the popup list to filter by the types of chargers based on max power.

Upvote 0
When in park there should be a charging icon to the right side of the screen that brings up chargers.

Otherwise when not in park tap the destination entry box on the map and then you can scroll horizontally in the pop up to the charging category.
Or just tap the map on the screen, anywhere. Once one does that, a bunch of icons appears on the right. Tap on the one with the lightning bolt and One Is There.

Further, once one has all the SC's showing up (usually as a red icon with a number, indicating the number of free stalls), tapping the icon will pop up a bit more informative data, including the current price per kW-hr (or per minute, depending upon location), as well as any variations over time. In a fair number of States Tesla uses variable pricing, so that charging at, say, 10 p.m. is cheaper than charging at 10 a.m..

Upvote 0
When Model Y is in Park, ...

Charging locations icon
Display/hide all charging locations and a popup list that includes the city and proximity of the corresponding stations on the map. Charging locations include Tesla Superchargers, destination charging sites, third-party fast chargers, and public chargers that you have used previously. See Charging Locations.

Touch the lightning bolt icons in the popup list to filter by the types of chargers based on max power.
Got it, thanks. Difficult to figure this out the first time while driving on racy freeways at night. Here at home, parked, I found it. Again, not intuitive.

Upvote 0
I'll just add, remember this step! After a recent software update mine changed to just showing level 2 chargers and I couldn't figure out why chargers I KNEW were there weren't showing up, then I noticed the 3 lightening bolts weren't selected. Once corrected all good but remember just in case it happens to you. I was actually spending the night in Ventura when this happened :).

Upvote 0