Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which supercharger location should I use in Albany?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will travel from Montreal to New York next month. I plan to stop in Albany. I understand there are 6 stations at Colonie and 20 at Guiderland. Which supercharger location should I go to? Which one will be closer to my to my route? Are there toilets nearby?

Both these SCs are usually busy. Each is located in the parking lot of a large shopping mall, so there is no shortage of amenities.

I make 3 to 5 roundtrips per year from Montreal (Trudeau Airport) to just southwest of Albany. I tend to stop more frequently for short periods of time. The SC in Chestertown, NY is just off of I87 and is located at a nice minimart. The next is in Malta, NY and the SC below Albany is near Hudson, NY but the latter is a bit of a side trip from I87. The SC further south is near New Paltz, NY. With a little planning, it is possible to avoid both Albany SCs and not extend the duration of your trip.

I travel from Central NJ to Saratoga Springs NY pretty frequently, and the Malta stop (which is Magic Dock-equipped) has been a lifesaver being that it is 7 minutes from my mother's house. It has a newer Stewarts convenience store. Previously, I'd have to make sure I charged up enough at the Crossgates Mall (Guilderland) to have energy for a few days. Guilderland isn't bad as it's pretty big and is (I believe) a V3 so no sharing. I haven't used the one in Colonie. I usually stop at the Kingston SC on the way north (QuickChek convenience store) and New Paltz on the way home (McDonalds, diner, pizza shop). Both are good stops. And yeah, the Hudson stop is actually on the east side of the Hudson River, so it's definitely out of the way.

Reactions: bucknejo
If you need to stop near Albany, you'd be better off at Guiderland, which are 20 v3 stalls.

The 6 stalls at Colonie are older v2 120kW (not 150kW) units. And they are oddly layed out (1a,2a,3a,1b,2b,3b), so often times people who don't pay attention end up sharing accidentally.

I will travel from Montreal to New York next month. I plan to stop in Albany. I understand there are 6 stations at Colonie and 20 at Guiderland. Which supercharger location should I go to? Which one will be closer to my to my route? Are there toilets nearby?
These may help.

You can also check Plugshare, the app or web site for info and comments/check-ins by users,