Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lockdown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many of us in lockdown are missing the sheer joy of driving our Model 3. Here's a short video that my nephew made 6 months ago of me in my Tesla, which I use to remind myself what it was like, and for something to look forward to! Hope you enjoy it.

Fantastic video. Your nephew is really skilled, I especially appreciated how there are no reflections in any of the closeups.

I unfortunately don't park mine at home, it is a secure car park 30 minutes walk away without charge. I am on 65% , sentry off. I am just wondering if I do manage to get to it . I will probably not have enough time to do the latest software update. The best I can do is just set the regen to low. Anyone else have other suggestions

I unfortunately don't park mine at home, it is a secure car park 30 minutes walk away without charge. I am on 65% , sentry off. I am just wondering if I do manage to get to it . I will probably not have enough time to do the latest software update. The best I can do is just set the regen to low. Anyone else have other suggestions

Resist the temptation to look at the app. You don't want to wake the car up unnecessarily.

Setting regen to low isn’t going to help unless you had it turned off. 60% could last 2 months if it’s not super cold and you don’t open the mobile app too often

I read somewhere here that regen should be set to low if your not using the car for a number of weeks.
Most likely when you begin to use the car again, as the brakes will have surface corrosion. Setting to low regen, will ensure the brakes are used more to remove the corrosion.

Can’t see how it makes a difference when the car is parked.

Does anyone know if the SCs are open. I have an appointment upcoming with no text either confirming it or its postponement?
They are open for emergency repairs.
I had an appointment in Tuesday and they calle sto find out if I could wait or if my repair was urgent. Or if it was something to keep me moving if I was an emergency worker.
I said I could wait and we rebooked for one later on.

they told me that they closed all customers lobby areas and they have zero direct contact with customers. They have a letterbox or something to that effect for you to drop your key and then you have to go.

If you think your repair is very urgent then let them know once they call or discuss it over with them.

mid you think you can wait just move the appointment forward 3-4 weeks on the app or just wait for their call if you prefer I guess.

Reactions: gangzoom
Does anyone know if the SCs are open. I have an appointment upcoming with no text either confirming it or its postponement?

The drivers door latch on our X is playing up. Yesterday it woudlnt open or close, I had to climb over.

I need the car to drop my daughter off at nursey so I can get to work (hospital). I've booked in for next Wednesday, will see if they call. I certainly cannot go without a car/transport. I expect they will call me?

60% will last a lot longer than 2 months, more like 6-8 months provided the car is left to go into a deep sleep with no alarm on or sentry mode

in the warmer weather 14c+ it would use maybe 1-2 miles a day if its powered off, in the winter its up to 4miles, this is from my experience storing the car and having it powered off for at least 7 days during warm and cold weather

60% is roughly 186 miles for a LR, so I would say 1-2 months in winter and upto 3 months in the summer.

in the warmer weather 14c+ it would use maybe 1-2 miles a day if its powered off, in the winter its up to 4miles, this is from my experience storing the car and having it powered off for at least 7 days during warm and cold weather

60% is roughly 186 miles for a LR, so I would say 1-2 months in winter and upto 3 months in the summer.
You must have left something on then 09.38

No it was powered off with nothing on and that is how much the car used in my experience.

I don't know about some you tubers comment about his car.
Bjorn Nyland is widely regarded as an expert on EV's, he has another video about this but i couldn't find it and quite frankly can't be bothered to keep looking

FWIW my car was parked at work for 4 days and lost 1% and that was with checking the app a few times

Bjorn Nyland is widely regarded as an expert on EV's, he has another video about this but i couldn't find it and quite frankly can't be bothered to keep looking

FWIW my car was parked at work for 4 days and lost 1% and that was with checking the app a few times

Yes I know his videos but it doesn't mean that his experience is now fact for every Tesla Model 3 owners, he also sometimes makes quick comments that are not always accurate such as uses 10% in a month when it was actually more like 11% in 22 days.

@4:46 he used just under 11% in 22 days

I don't know why my car used 1-2 miles in the summer and 2-4 miles in the winter while off but that's just my experience.

The car wakes up for several hours per day even when it's supposed to be off. during this time is when the miles are used, this may have changed since software or BMS updates.

I never expected to say this, but with lockdown and self-isolation, my lovely clean Model 3 sitting in the garage will soon need dusting!
SoVzXTW.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Matt2000 and Dasher