Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lockdown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not good for the battery to leave the car sat close to 100% which is why they display the last 10% as used for a trip
I think you're confusing two things? I don't think there's any evidence that leaving the charge close to 100% is bad for the battery.

I think the actual issue is constantly charging it up to 100% all the time - if it's a one off or infrequent I can't see what the issue would be.

I think you're confusing two things? I don't think there's any evidence that leaving the charge close to 100% is bad for the battery.

I think the actual issue is constantly charging it up to 100% all the time - if it's a one off or infrequent I can't see what the issue would be.

In general for lithium batteries, it is the other-way around.

Charging to 100% isn't a problem, leaving them at 100% for long periods of time increases the rate of degradation.

However, there seems little evidence that Tesla packs are particularly susceptible to problems like this as (depending on exactly which packs you have) '100%' full isn't really full any more than '0%' is completely empty. There is some safety margin built in.

I wonder if it would not have been safer to be able to stay abroad and shelter at your current home
instead of going to the airport and travelling confined in an airplane
and been exposed for several hours with the air circulating into your face.

I know that if you have a tourist visa, you might need to return after 30 to 90 days,
and you might have already paid for your return flight.

But I think that it would be safer not to travel at all and allow extending stay abroad in this case.

There should have been some very clear rules like you have to stay at your current location and not going to your weekend cottage,

I did suggest this but there was no choice for my son.. he was told to go home by the university.. there are now only 4 people left in the block of 14 because their countries borders are closed.
My daughter had planned on six months at least and lasted 2 weeks. Again I tried to persuade her to rent an air B&B for a few months and stay put.. but the local advice was to leave so she is now hoping the plane will keave Sydney on Thursday and Doha on Friday.

I wonder if it would not have been safer to be able to stay abroad and shelter at your current home
instead of going to the airport and travelling confined in an airplane
and been exposed for several hours with the air circulating into your face.

I know that if you have a tourist visa, you might need to return after 30 to 90 days,
and you might have already paid for your return flight.

But I think that it would be safer not to travel at all and allow extending stay abroad in this case.

There should have been some very clear rules like you have to stay at your current location and not going to your weekend cottage,
No government would or could recommend you stay put in another country when every country is locking down in different ways and times. It is, in my opinion, their obligation to advise you to return home if they can better support you since there's no guarantee another country's government would treat you the same as their own citizens.

No government would or could recommend you stay put in another country when every country is locking down in different ways and times. It is, in my opinion, their obligation to advise you to return home if they can better support you since there's no guarantee another country's government would treat you the same as their own citizens.

This depends on individual circumstances - my parents live for a period of time in New Zealand. Due to their age, and other underlying conditions, they were advised to stay as they are fortunate to have property to live in. Visa's will be extended to accommodate this, luckily they live two doors away from my sister, who'll be able to provide support through the isolation period.

Reactions: bhav
Personally I thought that Denmark was the safest place for my son.. brilliant health service and they locked down sensibly very early and the residents were being very responsible about it.
I thought Australia was the best for my daughter as she could have found a small village/town and not had to through 3 ajor airports and 2 packed flights and a train journey adding more exposure, to get home.
But each to their own.

China was the first country able to get great improvement, however the Chinese government started to notice that
the Chinese citizen coming back from Europe were bringing back the virus which had also mutated since.

Anyone know if service stations are open? Suspect only fuel stations for food/loos.
Got my weekly 300mi work commute coming up, but have been off for few weeks recently.

usually Woodall and Warwick.

(Front line hands on job)

Anyone know if service stations are open? Suspect only fuel stations for food/loos.
Got my weekly 300mi work commute coming up, but have been off for few weeks recently.

usually Woodall and Warwick.

(Front line hands on job)
Stopped at Hopwood Welcome Break on Tuesday night, everything was closed except for the loo's and the small Waitrose. Would imagine it'll be the same elsewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1