Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locked in new options today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Sport $128,500
Metallic Paint $1,000
Electronics Group $3,000
Floor Mats $150
Paint Armor $1,495
Premium Seats $1,800 <==
240 V 30 A MC $1,500
Delivery $1,950
Windshield $400
120 V MC included
Black Tesla Wheels included
Upgraded Engine included <== "motor"
Adjustable Suspension included
Performance Tires included

So are the Premium Seats the ones seen in the Roadster Sport mock up images?

The $1,800 is just to get the Premium leather or Microfiber, right?

Do we know if the different seats seen in the Sport model mock up are Sport model specific, or standard for all 2009s?

So are the Premium Seats the ones seen in the Roadster Sport mock up images?

The $1,800 is just to get the Premium leather or Microfiber, right?

Do we know if the different seats seen in the Sport model mock up are Sport model specific, or standard for all 2009s?

The seats were just part of the rendering. There are no special seats as part of the sports package. I think the push button shifting was also just part of the rendering.

The accurate change in the rendering was the change in the position of the video screens. That has moved to the center for all 2009 models. I heard that the glove box is not actually on the 2009 models, but that is not really confirmed. That might be a 2010 update.

I was told that the website will have the Sport "backbone" within the next week so that we can configure our options and lock-in that option package.

Congratulations, James. What colors did you pick?

I havn't picked a color yet. I had previously selected Radiant Red, but now I am not sure with the black Tesla wheels.

I have only seen the Very Orange with the black wheels. I love that color, but I don't think I would be crazy about it EVERY single day.

I have narrowed it down to Electric Blue or Radiant Red. I am just not sure which one would look better with the black wheels. I have requested some photos from Tesla Motors if they have them.

It is crazy, but I am considering getting both sets of Tesla wheels in the two colors. Maybe have performance tires on one set and regular tires on the other set.

Last edited:
I personally like EB with the black wheels....

Just Wondering....what does the MY mean as in 2009MY roadster?

I have seen this on the boards and on the TM site....

Wow

WOW...I didn't realize that was needed....I had never seen it before for any other makes...

I also made my new selections last week.....

Very Orange
premium two-tone, rally 2, saddle/black, saddle head restraint
Solar Windshield
Paint Armor
Electronics Group
Floor Matts

Clear coat carbon fiber hardtop
Forged Tesla wheels - silver

HPC and MC120

Has anyone seen a CF Hardtop yet?

WOW...I didn't realize that was needed....I had never seen it before for any other makes...
I assume you're referring to the need to specify the model year. That's due to the Roadster's delayed and relatively slow rate of production resulting in a quirk that the majority of the 2008MY cars will end up being manufactured and delivered in the 2009 calendar year.

I assume you're referring to the need to specify the model year. That's due to the Roadster's delayed and relatively slow rate of production resulting in a quirk that the majority of the 2008MY cars will end up being manufactured and delivered in the 2009 calendar year.

Actually I have seen that "MY" acronym used on many other brands of cars. Picky customers will track year to year options and pricing changes carefully and may plan a buying decision based on expected changes at the model-year changeover. And it isn't just Tesla that does these "MY" changeovers far from the Dec31/Jan1 Calendar changeover.

But yes, Tesla is a little odd in that people are still looking at 2008MY options in 2009. A more typical scenario would be someone buying in September/October from a lot wondering if they should spend a little extra for the "next years model" that already started showing up on the lot early with some different options.

I am seriously considering Very Orange. I'd be pretty interested to see the look of the saddle leather, and if I'd like it better or worse than the black/orange seats I've seen.

The Very Orange looks AMAZING with black and orange two tone premium leather to match the exterior.

Also, if I were going with Very Orange, I would definitely do the black Tesla wheels. I saw one in the service bay when I was in Menlo Park. The customer had it done aftermarket and it was really striking on Very Orange.

I am sure this customer doing it aftermarket is what inspired Tesla Motors to do it as an option. Everyone was commenting on how good it came out.

I am seriously considering Very Orange. I'd be pretty interested to see the look of the saddle leather, and if I'd like it better or worse than the black/orange seats I've seen.

If you do not see it before we get ours I will upload all the pics you can handle...

I just do not like the in-your-face black and orange seats...I prefer the understated saddle and black because there is a lot of orange in the saddle color...I think it will look very nice with the orange exterior...

If you can spec your car yet in the Owners lounge...when you select VO it choses to show it to you with saddle interior...while that did not swayed me decision it did not hurt to be able to see the car that way...