Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locked Out Completely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any resolution on this @Tim G ?

This is the only message this person ever posted on TMC. They signed up, posted that message, then have not logged in since:

timg.PNG

My father's 11-day old Y had a similar problem. He doesn't live near a service center. The SC folks told him:

"The failure with the vehicle is a high voltage controller which went bad and took the high voltage pyro fuse along with it. The controller was charging and controlling incorrect values and eventually the value got too high which blew the HV battery fuse at the time."

Hopefully this information helps others that may come across this thread. For 6 years I've been trying to get my parents to get a Tesla and 11 days in this happens. Sheesh.

With 130 miles on the main battery, I was completely locked out of my 2023 model Y. The iPhone Tesla app did not detect the car, the card did not work, and the Tesla emergency call could not unlock the vehicle. The tow operator was able to break in and get the vehicle working but said the 12 v battery was low. The car only has 4000 miles. It was towed to a Tesla repair station. Is this a common problem?