Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking wheel nuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing to recommend, but when was the last time you heard of a set of wheels being stolen from a car?

I don’t know but if i was a thief and I knew I could get a set of £4K wheels in around 5 minutes which I could sell on eBay etc for say £2k I’d be targeting them like crazy! Word probably hasn’t spread yet.

Am I on my own but who in the right mind would think that Tesla wouldn’t supply you them from new?

Most, if not all 'locking wheel nuts' can be removed with tools bought on eBay in very little time. However, the choice is entirely yours.

Really???? I lost a locking nut key once and it took my tyre shop ages to drill it out (or whatever they did).

Anyways. I’m not arguing. For the sake of £20/£30 I think I’ll protect my FOUR THOUSAND POUND wheels!

I have a set which I no longer use, purchased from Tesla when I got my MS. They were in use for about a year.

They sit nicely in the 19" stock alloys but I seem to recall that they stick out a bit on some other wheel designs.

@Tevvy PM me if you'd like more details.