Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Long Hard Road" history of Li-ion book

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Earl

Jan 22, 2014
USA
I recently read the book Long Hard Road by Charles J. Murray. Although it is a bit slow as it digs into the long development road that led to today's Li-ion batteries, it does provide interesting insight as it goes from a few chemists scattered around the world pursuing the elusive working approach to tethering the theoretical energy storage capability of Lithium to Tesla and other EVs.
It is available at:
or, of course, from Bezos' empire.
Recommended reading for EV geeks.

I recently read the book Long Hard Road by Charles J. Murray. Although it is a bit slow as it digs into the long development road that led to today's Li-ion batteries, it does provide interesting insight as it goes from a few chemists scattered around the world pursuing the elusive working approach to tethering the theoretical energy storage capability of Lithium to Tesla and other EVs.
It is available at:
or, of course, from Bezos' empire.
Recommended reading for EV geeks.
Having now read this book, I also recommend it. I would have liked a bit more about Li-ion history, and less about EV history, since I was already familiar with the latter.

GSP