Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Island charging

ny888

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Looking into a new job that might take me from San Francisco to Long Island. I grew up in Brooklyn so NY is quite familiar to me.

If the move happens, looking at living in Great Neck. Anyone near there that can tell me what my charging options are for daily charging? May have to live in apartment building for a year before buying a house so charging may be limited. How far is Great Neck to Syosset Supercharger? Does Manhasset store have chargers?

pjk

Jun 7, 2015
CA + NY
Manhasset isn't too far just take Northern Blvd but in traffic it will be about a 25 minute commute. They also only have HPWC there so it's not practical for daily charging if you have to commute to it. Traveling from Great Neck to Syosset charge could be a journey especially in traffic.

kort677

Banned
Sep 17, 2015
florida.
you do realize how far out on LI southhampton is? IMHO it is more of a destination charger than anything else because of it's distance.

tnt1971

Feb 5, 2016
United States
If you look on the map, it looks like they are putting a supercharger in Riverhead. It is a guess, but I bet it is going to be at the outlets at the end of the LIE.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC