Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range plus

I don't think the revision code of the battery is that significant, but it would be nice to be able to list the changes from one revision to the next. For instance, my G battery car can accept up to 250KW charge from a supercharger. Just a few months earlier, and in the same model year, the MS Long Range could not accept that charge. Also, my car accepts CCS adapters. Very early 2020 model cars with G battery do not support CCS.

I have read that if you need a new battery, it must be the same revision or greater of your old battery.

I must check under mine to see what revision I have. Early 2020, no CCS but clams to be a LR+. I'm sure I've seen charge speeds over 200kw too.

When I was looking I actively didn't want some of the later range-enhancing 'refinements' - ie the Tempest wheels with their plastic covers, and the later seats without adjustable headrests.

Wait, what? They removed the adjustment for the headrests in the model S?
I'm very tall, and that head rest doesn't go high enough for me as it is. :(
I may be misinformed. But my understanding was that when they brought seat production in-house - per the post linked to by @DerbyDave on the previous page - they removed the vertical headrest adjustment. Can't find where I read that though.

I am 6'4" and the fixed, built-in headrest hits my head just where it should -- where it bulges to make room for the extra brains. :)
I am 6'7" and need to raise the headrest to its max height, or the base of it annoyingly hits the base of my neck / top of my spine (c7 area). Even then I'd prefer it to go a little higher still.
I may be misinformed. But my understanding was that when they brought seat production in-house - per the post linked to by @DerbyDave on the previous page - they removed the vertical headrest adjustment. Can't find where I read that though.
AIUI, they brought seat production in house ages ago - like in 2015 or so.

@JimmyB and @DerbyDave would you mind checking your option codes to see which option code battery you have? I think you both confirmed a "G" battery, I'm just wondering which option code this corresponds to, since online cpo listings don't show the battery as H vs G; all they show is the option code. TIA!
EDIT: if you don't know how to find your option codes, It's pretty easy ...
Go to your account web page on a computer (not phone app), click 'manage' under the car in question.
Then, using your browser view the web page source code (for chrome and FF this is done via CTRL-U)
Use the find function (CTRL-F) to search for "BTX" and you should find your battery code (BTX9, BTXA, BTXB, etc.)
I've seen LR+ samples with 402 mi rated range, with the BTX9 (the older of these three 100kWh batteries) and BTXA. But 405mi range LR+ ravens all seem to have the BTXB. I've seen some 373mi ravens with a BTX6 100kWh battery, which I think is the o.g. 100D battery.

Last edited:
My search shows no BTX found.
options=$MDLS,$MTS05,$PPMR,$RFFR,$WTD2,$INB3C,$PI01,$APF2,$APBS,$SC05,$CPF1
Huh. Interesting. That's a really short list of options.
1666223475175.png

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC