Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not surprised that they aren't documenting their software releases - Their communication has been sub-par at best with my experience at least.

But then for the Model X, we don't even get the usefulness of the software OR bluetooth features, it is just sent out as a black box with no interactivity possible at all. Very disappointing for such an expensive item.

Update after taking it out for a 30 mile round trip.
No issues.

Operated FSD to Mexican. Had lunch. Hit Walmart. Headed home. I checked the service mode for alwrts:
VCFRONT_a158_louverDisconnected (Not sure what this is)
VCFRONT_a391_frunkLatchSwitchFault (Think this is my auto frunk)
APP_W216_driverOverriding (FSD Disengsge)

Battery shows discharging.
IMG_7267.png

Update after taking it out for a 30 mile round trip.
No issues.

Operated FSD to Mexican. Had lunch. Hit Walmart. Headed home. I checked the service mode for alwrts:
VCFRONT_a158_louverDisconnected (Not sure what this is)
VCFRONT_a391_frunkLatchSwitchFault (Think this is my auto frunk)
APP_W216_driverOverriding (FSD Disengsge)

Battery shows discharging.
View attachment 959035
Previously, it was normal for it to share up to 14.8 volts after a startup, stabilize then slowly run down to about 13.2 volts and stop there until the next start up. Check the Ohmmu app after parked to see if discharging stops. BTW the louver is behind the front lower black grill. They open for temperature control. Check for leaves or debris blocking. The rest, a reboot may clear and reset. Not sure why the Ohmmu would interfere with the hood latch.

Previously, it was normal for it to share up to 14.8 volts after a startup, stabilize then slowly run down to about 13.2 volts and stop there until the next start up. Check the Ohmmu app after parked to see if discharging stops. BTW the louver is behind the front lower black grill. They open for temperature control. Check for leaves or debris blocking. The rest, a reboot may clear and reset. Not sure why the Ohmmu would interfere with the hood latch.
It may just be from me using the frunk. I normally am not in the Service mode screen and they aren’t on the main display. Hansshow uses its own switch which might be triggering the stock one to toss an alert.

I’ll see if I can find the louvers. I did hit climate in the restaurant as the car was 99 degrees.
Louvers are open currently. I can’t say I’ve ever seen them close.

Still a discharge but slowing. The car is charging right now.
IMG_7271.png

Last edited:
I’ll report back at this point if something goes sideways. Car ended up recharging the LV battery, went to sleep. Didn’t wake all night.
I am looking into my Louver Disconnected alert as I think this is something up with the ability for it to control its open/close behavior. My M3 is currently open to so might have to wait until winter to verify if I need to hit Service. This doesn’t seem to bubble up to the customer screen so might just be a non-issue or a harness/connector is not all the way plugged in 🤷‍♀️.
Wish they had a chat vs just scheduling a service appointment.

Reactions: Flybyglass
I was able to sort out where the Louver / shutter actuator was located by digging thru youtube and parts for sale online.
So if I run into a battery issue, I guess I can just pop the frunk liner off while I’m in there and see if I can check that connection.

Connection for it is easy to see behind the frunk button panel w/o removing the whole tub. Mines connected and looks fine. I’m going to ignore this for now. Might have been something else triggering it briefly when I activated climate from the restaurant. Can’t duplicate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 12.35.04 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 12.35.04 PM.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I’ll report back at this point if something goes sideways. Car ended up recharging the LV battery, went to sleep. Didn’t wake all night.
I am looking into my Louver Disconnected alert as I think this is something up with the ability for it to control its open/close behavior. My M3 is currently open to so might have to wait until winter to verify if I need to hit Service. This doesn’t seem to bubble up to the customer screen so might just be a non-issue or a harness/connector is not all the way plugged in 🤷‍♀️.
Wish they had a chat vs just scheduling a service appointment.
This is a positive. If continues normally, the question is was it the updated Ohmmu software or the version running in the car. I'm running 2023.7.20 (11.4.4). Same version I had when I attempted reinstall on 7/6. I may attempt reinstall after updating the batteries software again. That will help determine where the fix was made.

I actually scheduled a service appointment for Thursday. My trunk latch isn't activating the suction motor to pull the trunk down at latch properly after putting my grocery bags back in the trunk this AM. Tried manual/app and screen. Seems like it failed. From what I read it sounds like a popular problem.
I'll also have them check my front louvers while I’m there. I will probably battery swap just so I’m not dealing with tech issues in case they disconnect the LV Batt while in service.

Reactions: Flybyglass
Thanks for the updates. If more people keep reporting decent results on the newer Tesla + Ohmmu firmwares I may put in the unopened V4+ battery I've had sitting in my garage since March. ;)
I may try again today and see if battery software may have changed. The software is held on the server so anytime one updates the battery the latest version is pulled from the server.

OK installed V4+ with latest firmware update (actually updated the firmware after installed). Prior to install, voltage at 13.47v but said 100%. After powering up the screen shot attached. Installed at 12:40 EST. No messages or Service Mode Messages on initial power up.

IMG_2012.PNG

Just saw this:
Tesla's Latest Software Update 2023.26 Adds More Features to 'Service Mode'
July 25, 2023
Low-Voltage Battery
The low-voltage battery reading feature offers detailed data, including voltage, charge level, and current. These details let you check on the health of your low-voltage battery and potentially replace it preemptively before it becomes an issue. Most of the vehicle's electronics are run off of the low voltage battery, and a non-working battery could leave you stranded.

So far so good! After the 6 hour initiation all battery installs do, the voltage dropped from 14.03 to 13.29 and stabilized there until the next wake up. Very similar behavior seen months ago when the Ohmmu was working normally. Went out about 2 hours later car was asleep. Woke it, momentarily it discharged then recharged as it should. Still no messages either in Notifications or in Service Mode.

Reactions: mstatkus