Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you counting the normal overhead for when the vehicle is awake/recharging the 12v battery? (Isn't that 150-200W?)
No, but just pointing out a 50W load wouldn't drain the HV battery that fast.
Let's say the car does have to do a 25% duty cycle at 150W overhead while charging, plus 50W all the time.
That's 88W continuous average. That's still 39 days.

The irony to all of this is if a heater makes the car wake up more often, cycle the Ohmmu more often, and use way more total electricity, all while wearing out the Ohmmu when the whole point was to make the car more reliable and efficent.

Note that a 50W continuous draw would cost you $5 a month in extra electricity and possibly additional CO2 emissions.

I would think this would be a similar issue on the newer battery in the 2022+ cars and it sounds like it has even less capacity.

I did see one alert before I yanked mine and forwarded to Sean.
VCRIGHT_a059_inputResistanceHigh
Not customer facing.

I’m looking for the 40 page thread listing the advantages?
I would think this would be a similar issue on the newer battery in the 2022+ cars and it sounds like it has even less capacity.
Not sure what "this" you are referring to, I assume heat? But the 2022+ cars have full view of the system so they can easily turn on the DC2DC and get power from the HV battery.

I did see one alert
I’m looking for the 40 page thread listing the advantages?

Not sure what "this" you are referring to, I assume heat? But the 2022+ cars have full view of the system so they can easily turn on the DC2DC and get power from the HV battery.
freeze charging batteries

Noticed this today. Getting closer...
20230930_124951.jpg

Attachments

• 20230930_125110.jpg
    20230930_125110.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 33
I have installed the new battery with heating element since 3 weeks without any battery warnings but the car is idling most of the time and doesn't want to get in to sleep mode. View attachment 980150 I didn't drive since 3 days and doesn't wake the car.
I didn't have this behavior with the "old" V4+.
Mine has been in for a few days and started sleep cycles right after the 6 hour initialization. I use scheduled charging so it only wakes at charging time. When you installed did you follow the full process including disconnecting the main battery? If not, use the reset procedure which tourn off battery in the app AND disconnect the main. I would close the Tesla app. Remove USB devices, turn off environmental, switch off power on safety screen wait 10 minutes for everything to power down then do the procedure of switching off battery and disconnecting main battery (see Ohmmu site). Wait a few minutes reconnect using Ohmmu instructions. Car will restart 6 hour initialization. After 6 hours should resume normal.

Last edited:
Yes i disconnected the HV during install but i will try it again and follow the steps exactly.
Maybe it has to do with the temperature because we now have below 50°F at night.
That would be my next question. Not sure what temperature the heating element activates nor how much power is needed to operate. You might want to wake the car periodically and computer the outside and inside temperature to the battery temperature. I've noticed while charging the 12 volt the temperature may be warmer than outside by perhaps 10-15F. Hasn't been cold enough to really see the heating element in action. Other manufacturers the elements will activate around 40F and shut off around 50F.

I have installed the new battery with heating element since 3 weeks without any battery warnings but the car is idling most of the time and doesn't want to get in to sleep mode. View attachment 980150 I didn't drive since 3 days and doesn't wake the car.
I didn't have this behavior with the "old" V4+.
So right before I yanked my original v4+ mine was awake and not sleeping. I went into Service mode and was getting the
Which was not customer facing. I only knew something was up because I was in the garage hanging plywood on the ceiling and heard the car doing things. I forwarded the message to Sean but not sure how to even know if a profile update pops up.

So right before I yanked my original v4+ mine was awake and not sleeping. I went into Service mode and was getting the
Which was not customer facing. I only knew something was up because I was in the garage hanging plywood on the ceiling and heard the car doing things. I forwarded the message to Sean but not sure how to even know if a profile update pops up.
Good to know. Check Service Mode daily's far nothing. (Occasional other messages not related).