Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longest item to fit within

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to carry a tandem bicycle which seats 2 adults to/from home to park over 10 expressway miles. Don't want to disassemble/reassemble. Currently fits perfectly while standing inside my Honda Odyssey and all doors and hatch closed; 3rd row folded down, passes between 2 captain chairs in 2nd row and ends just behind center tray between front row seats. Would either Model Y or Model X be able to meet this requirement? Maximum dimensions of bicycle:: L: 7ft 10inch; H: 3ft 6inch; W:25inch

Appreciate any guidance; would help me decide.

Definitely not a Model Y, and I suspect not an X either but it's been several years since I've been in one.

The interior ceiling height is nowhere near that of an Odyssey, and the back hatch slopes which reduces height even more.

But if that's all the distance you're going, have you considered a hitch mount bicycle rack?

I need to carry a tandem bicycle which seats 2 adults to/from home to park over 10 expressway miles. Don't want to disassemble/reassemble. Currently fits perfectly while standing inside my Honda Odyssey and all doors and hatch closed; 3rd row folded down, passes between 2 captain chairs in 2nd row and ends just behind center tray between front row seats. Would either Model Y or Model X be able to meet this requirement? Maximum dimensions of bicycle:: L: 7ft 10inch; H: 3ft 6inch; W:25inch

If it comes all the way to the front seats on an Odyssey a Minivan, it might not fit in either of X or Y, but that's just my guess. Anyone with X can confirm.

I have had bikes in both the S and Y but not standing up. On the side with the front wheel perpendicular to frame. If you're thinking Y or X @LoudMusic 's idea of bike rack is great solution.