TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Look for NEMA 6-50 adaptor

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by vincent1001, Jun 2, 2014.

1. vincent1001

vincent1001 New Member

Anyone has it and wants to sell, please kindly let me know

2. GSP

GSP Member

I suggest contacting EVSE adapters and ask them to make a 6-50 to 14-50 adapter. Label it "For EV Charging only." 14-50 appliances and motor homes will not work correctly without the neutral wire, but EVs do not use it.

This could be used with Tesla's 14-50 adaptor now that Tesla no longer offers a direct 6-50 adaptor.

EVSEadapters.com: Electric vehicle adapter cables

GSP

3. roblab

roblab Active Member

What are you adapting it to? 6-50 to 14-50?

I went online and ordered the 6-50 plug, already have a 14-50 on my shelf. Have some #6 wire (It's stiff, maybe 6 strand, not the really flexible stuff, but....) So I'm gonna screw about 20 screws and make my own adapter. This is about my 10th adapter (two different EVs). The only trick is to know which wires go to hot and which to ground and neutral, and to tighten the wire to plug screws really really tight. Not rocket science. More like putting in a new light switch.

Wanna have me make you one, too? Not much call for em. I would only charge what it cost me (last time I checked, about $30 bucks plus postage)