Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at used, if it says "Full self-driving computer"? [Does that mean it has FSD?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how do you get a FSD hardware and camera upgrade with an MCU1 computer? It seems odd to me?

There is no MCU1 on any vehicle that is applicable to this subforum, so any questions on MCU1 do not apply in this subforum. Please ask about "MCU 1" and FSD in the subforums that have applicable vehicles, which is Model S or X.

how do you get a FSD hardware and camera upgrade with an MCU1 computer? It seems odd to me?

I gave a generic answer for the question:

"you can have mcu1 but autopilot 2.5?"

Older Model S/X can still have upgraded HW3 computer and cameras but still with MCU1 because some owners refuse to pay to upgrade to MCU.

Specifically, as @jjrandorin said, there's no MCU1 in this Model 3 threads.

It's capitalism and it's not odd: Those S/X with MCU1 but refuse to pay for MCU2 don't have MCU2.

Even when they don't want to pay for MCU2, they already pre-paid for FSD. FSD just doesn't work with older cameras and lower than HW3 computer so Tesla has been upgrading those for no additional fee.

Why is that odd?