Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Looking for a cheaper Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I graduated from college last May with a degree in computer science and got a good job. I've been casually looking for a Model S, but decided to seriously start looking. I figured I'd post here and see what becomes of it.

I'm looking for any trim where the price is lower, $40k is the absolute max I can go right now. The only features I really am concerned with are the following:
  • If it's a 60, I'd like to try to get one with less than 60k miles because of the warranty on the batteries
  • Exterior colors: white, silver, gray, red, black
  • Interior colors: gray, black, or white
  • Supercharging capability
  • Anything else would be a bonus!
Also, I'm okay with a reconstructed title, as long as the vehicle has been repaired and certified by Tesla so it's eligible for updates, can supercharge, and has the battery/drivetrain warranty. I know that these criteria make it a bit tough, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! I'll check in with him and see what he suggests. Those are just a little too far out there in price for me right now, but I appreciate you showing me that site though, it'll be really helpful!

This is an old thread, but are you still looking? I have a 2012 With extended warranty, for around 40,000. 73,000 miles on it. I bought it new and no problems with the car. Let me know if you are interested, I will watch this thread.

This is an old thread, but are you still looking? I have a 2012 With extended warranty, for around 40,000. 73,000 miles on it. I bought it new and no problems with the car. Let me know if you are interested, I will watch this thread.
Hi J King, sorry I never closed this thread out! I ended up buying one back in June (2013 CPO w/ 49.5k miles for $43k). Thanks for reaching out though, good luck selling yours!

Reactions: J King and IdaX
Also, I'm okay with a reconstructed title, as long as the vehicle has been repaired and certified by Tesla

My understanding is that Tesla won't deal with a reconstructed title....period. They will recondition cars that have had accidents, but a salvage title is a different story. I would seriously reconsider a Tesla w/ a salvage title......They can be a resale nightmare.

My understanding is that Tesla won't deal with a reconstructed title....period. They will recondition cars that have had accidents, but a salvage title is a different story. I would seriously reconsider a Tesla w/ a salvage title......They can be a resale nightmare.
After weighing out all the possibilities, I agree that it seemed like a bad plan. I ended up going the CPO (it was CPO when I bought mine, now they changed the name to "used"). Figured it was safest bet to buy one with a fresh 4yr./50k warranty. Mine came is amazing condition, a lot of people actually thought I bought a new car haha. I've read some horror stories, but it went well for me.