TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Looking for a cheaper Model S

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by blrm71, Mar 11, 2017.

1. blrm71

blrm71 Member

Hello all,

I graduated from college last May with a degree in computer science and got a good job. I've been casually looking for a Model S, but decided to seriously start looking. I figured I'd post here and see what becomes of it.

I'm looking for any trim where the price is lower, $40k is the absolute max I can go right now. The only features I really am concerned with are the following:
    • If it's a 60, I'd like to try to get one with less than 60k miles because of the warranty on the batteries
    • Exterior colors: white, silver, gray, red, black
    • Interior colors: gray, black, or white
    • Supercharging capability
    • Anything else would be a bonus!
    Also, I'm okay with a reconstructed title, as long as the vehicle has been repaired and certified by Tesla so it's eligible for updates, can supercharge, and has the battery/drivetrain warranty. I know that these criteria make it a bit tough, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

3. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

CPO will give you a great warranty.. if you want the 85...
    85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1CN9DFP10427 | Tesla
    and its in New York..

Give Tesla a call they may have a few more hiding..

Brent Seavey | Pre-Owned Sales Advisor, Midwest/Central U.S.
    50 W Ogden Ave | Westmont, IL 60559
    w 847-579-0028 x 72102 / m 630-849-4233 | [email protected]

Office Hours 10-6 / Off Thursday and Sunday

He is who helped me.. Great guy to work with!

4. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

He's a good guy.

5. blrm71

blrm71 Member

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! I'll check in with him and see what he suggests. Those are just a little too far out there in price for me right now, but I appreciate you showing me that site though, it'll be really helpful!

6. J King

J King Member

This is an old thread, but are you still looking? I have a 2012 With extended warranty, for around 40,000. 73,000 miles on it. I bought it new and no problems with the car. Let me know if you are interested, I will watch this thread.

7. blrm71

blrm71 Member

Hi J King, sorry I never closed this thread out! I ended up buying one back in June (2013 CPO w/ 49.5k miles for $43k). Thanks for reaching out though, good luck selling yours!

• Like x 2
  8. thegooch49

thegooch49 Member

My understanding is that Tesla won't deal with a reconstructed title....period. They will recondition cars that have had accidents, but a salvage title is a different story. I would seriously reconsider a Tesla w/ a salvage title......They can be a resale nightmare.

9. blrm71

blrm71 Member

After weighing out all the possibilities, I agree that it seemed like a bad plan. I ended up going the CPO (it was CPO when I bought mine, now they changed the name to "used"). Figured it was safest bet to buy one with a fresh 4yr./50k warranty. Mine came is amazing condition, a lot of people actually thought I bought a new car haha. I've read some horror stories, but it went well for me.