Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Apartments in Boston or Cambridge that have Charging Stations!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Schwachs

International Man of Leisure
Jan 5, 2018
Arlington, MA
Hi there... Does anyone know of either:

• any apartment buildings in Boston or Cambridge that offer EV charging stations as part of parking amenities
  • resources for finding EV compatible parking friendly apartment buildings
I need a place for about a year or so.

Thanks!

Reactions: JWardell
I think you'll find numerous apartment buildings with charging stations at their parking garage or a nearby supercharger. Consider nearby destination chargers shown on PlugShare too. I have a sweet deal in the Seaport area of Boston. The Benjamin and Via apartment buildings share a garage with several Chargepoint L2 stations. I pay only $20/mo additional (over standard monthly rate) for unlimited charging.

Consider apartments within walking distance from the Chestnut Hill SC and South Bay SC. There is a SC near completion in Revere if that community works for you.

Since Cambridge is so "green minded", some of the larger apartment buildings must have L2 charging. Don't settle for a slow 120V plug.

When searching for apartments, ask the property manager if
they have EV charging stations. For more info, PM me.

Reactions: Schwachs
Hi there... Does anyone know of either:

• any apartment buildings in Boston or Cambridge that offer EV charging stations as part of parking amenities
  • resources for finding EV compatible parking friendly apartment buildings
I need a place for about a year or so.

Thanks!
Hi, I lived in Assembly Row (The Montaje) building and there were a number of 120v wall chargers and two 240v fast chargers. Downstairs, they installed Electrify america chargers but theyre way too expensive. However the garage has 10 teslas so its hard getting spots to charge.

I recommend you tour the garages of buildings you're looking at, specially look for 120 v outlets in the garages as that'll be worth it.

I moved to backbay and now charge at the supercharger in Copley since I have a nights and weekend garage pass for $130 a month

I was going to mention Assembly as well, they had two chargers in the bottom floor of the back garage but they were always locked out (maybe residents had keys?). Last I looked I think the L2 charges were removed (!) but the 120v outlets were still there. Same garage as the electrify America chargers but no one in their right mind should pay for those.

You might have an easier time finding a typical triple decker apartment with a driveway and asking the landlord if you can install an outlet.