Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for blue P85D, CPO or private?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been lurking on ev-CPO for a few months now waiting for a metallic blue P85D with tan interior, and I’m realizing they are few and far between. A pre-owned sales associate has even sent me the Dropbox albums for a few options, but they’ve been in rougher shape (scraped wheels, scratched paint, etc). I’m not opposed to going private party, or even outside dealerships, but I am picky about the condition and the options. So I figured it can’t hurt to reach out to the forum and ask for suggestions. Is it more likely that I’ll find better quality or worse quality pre-owned cars by looking outside of the CPO program?

Reactions: HankLloydRight
i think you should keep both options open because i have seen trashed used cars from tesla but also good condition ones. same for private owner, it all depends how they took care of the car.

you might try to open up your options a bit, like black or grey interior, it will make your search a lot easier.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
I’ve been lurking on ev-CPO for a few months now waiting for a metallic blue P85D with tan interior, and I’m realizing they are few and far between. A pre-owned sales associate has even sent me the Dropbox albums for a few options, but they’ve been in rougher shape (scraped wheels, scratched paint, etc). I’m not opposed to going private party, or even outside dealerships, but I am picky about the condition and the options. So I figured it can’t hurt to reach out to the forum and ask for suggestions. Is it more likely that I’ll find better quality or worse quality pre-owned cars by looking outside of the CPO program?

When you pay ~ $65,000 for a used car, you should be picky about the condition of the car. You will likely enjoy the car for a very long time so take the time to find a car that is in great condition. Otherwise you'll end up paying thousands taking your car to a body shop to fix exterior damage and any interior damage will also be quite expensive to fix. And while your car is fixed up, you will be without a car.

We too have rejected 2 cars because the photos showed damage and will not accept a car that has excessive damage.

You'll see literally dozens of P85Ds coming off lease in the coming months and in a few months you'll also start seeing P90Ds also coming off lease. Be patient and be careful to not buy a trashed car.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Looks like the first one is gone. I got pictures of it and it had a nasty scratch in the drivers rear view as if it had been keyed. Curb rash everywhere...I guess $67K doesn’t buy what it used to o_O

$67,000 will buy a used car in immaculate/like-new condition. Just reject all the trashed/damaged cars presented and keep an eye out for private party cars for sale. Not everyone beats the crap out of their cars.

$67,000 will buy a used car in immaculate/like-new condition. Just reject all the trashed/damaged cars presented and keep an eye out for private party cars for sale. Not everyone beats the crap out of their cars.

Agreed. I just can’t belive someone bought that car in that condition for that much money. Hope it wasn’t the OP...