Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for feedback regarding service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up our new MYLR this week and found a few issues with it. One is a loose "A pillar trim" and the other is an un-flush headlight. I tried snapping the loose trim and believe it is in place -- but it pops back out if messed with.

I have an appointment with service to look at these issues, but after reading many bad reviews from folks that took their cars in for basic service and ended with bigger issues caused in service from the visit, I wonder if I should leave what may right now be minor issues as they are. Thoughts?

I'm dumbfounded by all the bad reviews of service work.

I'm picking up my MYLR on Monday, but I had a 2015 MS until a couple weeks ago. I've had many interactions with the service center nearest me and another not so close. I never had a problem with them. Quite the opposite, my experiences has been very positive. Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know.

I've never had an issue with Tesla Service, I've been in 3 times for various things. Sometimes the wait can be a pain and I don't live close so I don't get the Uber credits. They usually have a car for me, I put that request in when I submit for service.

Mobile Service came out first week to fix my rear bumper because it was hooked in place properly. When he left he forgot to reattach my brake lights. He came back next day, to my work, and fixed that.

I've owned a Tesla since 2016, had it in service many times, I think I remember one time where I was a little unhappy. They did the job, but there was some other little issue. Of the maybe few dozen times I've had them do various work, no problems at all.

The major problems with Tesla are all corporate. Tesla is very dictatorially operated. One of those issues is that they sometimes throw untrained people into the service center to do the final small details, like putting trim back on etc. Those people, not surprisingly, make mistakes.

Reactions: Yelobird
Thanks to all for sharing your experiences. Glad to hear it’s mostly been good. I’m purely going based on feedback I read on yelp and google for the local service centers in my area. I’ll see how it goes gene I visit this coming weekend.

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences. Glad to hear it’s mostly been good. I’m purely going based on feedback I read on yelp and google for the local service centers in my area. I’ll see how it goes gene I visit this coming weekend.
If you go in angry hunting for something to complain about you will find something in most any situation. Good luck