Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for info on Tesla’s planned Supercharger locations in BC Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per the title. Looking for location specifics. Specifically for the BC interior, Kootenays, Hwy 97 north to Prince George, and east to Edmonton on Hwy 16. Etc.

It looks like the model 3 will not have Chademo or CCS access so our only hope to still getting a Tesla model 3 as opposed to our second choice Nissan Leaf Eplus is that they have plans in the reasonably near future to build out in these areas. We have tried communicating with Tesla to no avail both on the Chademo adapter and/or the supercharger buildout. If anyone has a link to a map or report on their build out plans it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Loot at this map.
The grey pins are future locations. Click on a pin to see anticipated installation year but keep in mind that some installations have been a year late (and occasionally more.)

Tesla does eventually keep its promises but the timing is somewhat fluid. My impression is that it is mostly driven by car purchases and demand (obviously.)

Loot at this map.
The grey pins are future locations. Click on a pin to see anticipated installation year but keep in mind that some installations have been a year late (and occasionally more.)

Tesla does eventually keep its promises but the timing is somewhat fluid. My impression is that it is mostly driven by car purchases and demand (obviously.)

That is what I was looking for. Thanks. One of the routes (southern thru the Kootenays) looks like it may be this year. Which is great as it is our favourite vacation route. Unfortunately no plans for 97 north which is kinda critical for us. As well, the island remains a no mans land which makes the 3 a show stopper for us. We have a little time yet. Still hoping they make the Chademo adapter compatible with the 3 by the time we have to buy.

You do seem to be north of Tesla's plans for now.
Have you looked into L2 charging ? Europeans often get up to 22 kW on L2. The LR Model 3 can take up to 240v*48amps = 11.5 kW

We have looked into L2. I think some of the provincial Chademo/CCS locations have an L2 as well but I think are limited to 32 amps. There are a few hotels that we could strategically use as well. The island is a no mans zone for Tesla though. Chademo/CCS locations outnumbers Tesla more than 10 to 1 in BC. I get that. It’s just not a big market for them.

We sent a snail mail letter to Tesla explaining our problem and asking about the Chademo adapter. Hopefully it will get a little more attention than an email. We have some time yet. We don’t need to buy until closer to the new year and in the meantime our leaf with Chademo can get us anywhere we need to go.