Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Model S owners from upstate NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am from Albany but I've been living in Houston for a year and a half now. Hopefully I will make it back to upstate NY soon. My mother still lives there and I plan on buying her a Model X next year.

I called Senator Hugh Farley's office today on behalf of my mother to let him know I was against Bill No A07844A: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=A07844&term=2013&Summary=Y&Text=Y

I told him that I was against the bill for one simple reason: If you decrease competition for something then the consumer will be worse off, plain and simple. Increasing competition will ultimately benefit the consumer. A07844A constrains competition.

Last edited:
Hi Litewait,
We called our representatives and explained basically the same idea concerning unfair competition. According to my computer research this morning Bill #A07844A was not voted on. Our local paper states the legislative session ended Saturday morning 6/22/2013. so we may have a reprieve until next year.
We love our Tessie which is now 9 days old.

Keep in touch if/when you get back to Albany.
Al Smith

I called Senator Hugh Farley's office today on behalf of my mother to let him know I was against Bill No A07844A: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=A07844&term=2013&Summary=Y&Text=Y

I told him that I was against the bill for one simple reason: If you decrease competition for something then the consumer will be worse off, plain and simple. Increasing competition will ultimately benefit the consumer. A07844A constrains competition.

It's not about competition, it's about the political force people to pay money to a dealership who make lobby with political (and I think they pay to the politicals). In Italy it's the same, and italians say it MAFIA.

It's not about competition, it's about the political force people to pay money to a dealership who make lobby with political (and I think they pay to the politicals). In Italy it's the same, and italians say it MAFIA.

Tharo: It would be distasteful and my point would not come across well to senators that take large contributions from auto dealers if I pointed out to them that they are the epitome of rent seeking behavior who strangle innovation and derail progress in this Country.

When trying to be political you have to use your words carefully. The most obvious thing to point out is that increased competition is better for the consumer. No one can argue with that.