TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Looking for the best financing deals for CPO Model S!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by cookie99, Nov 13, 2019.

1. cookie99

cookie99 Member

Anyone have any suggestions. TECHCU used to be a very very good one, offering rates at 2%, i just checked again recently, and it says their rates START at 5%.. oi.

Anyone have any suggestions where I should check? I'm willing to join any credit union or jump through any hoops to join them. Please let me know what kind of deals you got! Thanks!

2. Drew-MS

Drew-MS Member

I purchased a CPO P100D 3 weeks ago. After comparing several different options, I chose Bank of America. Not only did BOA have the best rate by quite a bit, the entire process was super quick, easy, and it was all done online. The approval happened seconds after submitting the online application and my rate is 4.05%.(Fico 752). It's sort of irrelevant but interesting; supposedly BOA is the #1 bank used by purchasers of CPO Tesla's (people who get their own financing)

• Informative x 1
  3. TSLC

TSLC Member

Wow things have really changed from the .99% days a few years back...

4. ZappCatt

ZappCatt Member

Stanford Federal Credit Union has good rates.
    They allow anyone to be a member if you join the Friends of Palo Alto Library($20) (and they say they will reimburse you for that even)

New & Used Auto (Vehicles 7 model years or newer with less than 75K miles)
    0 to 36 Months as low as 2.49%*
    37 to 60 Months as low as 2.74%*
    61 to 84 Months
    (20K minimum) as low as 3.24%*

I heard about them from the spreadsheet in another thread about Car loans here on Tesla Motors Club.

Auto Loans - Stanford Federal Credit Union

• Like x 1
  5. cookie99

cookie99 Member

i be joining credit unions left and right. eventually one of them is going to be right for me. thanks for this information

6. Drew-MS

Drew-MS Member

Wow I guess I should have looked a bit better. My 4% rate seems high compared to these rates :(