Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for vehicle charge friendly airbnb (and their ilk) places to stay in Marfa TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can filter by “has vehicle charging” but it’s not the list I’m after, exactly. I’m looking for places that have a 120 I can plug into while I walk around the entire 2 day stay, not doing much driving, and they don’t mind.

Does anyone make trips there and have a favorite place that always lets you charge without complaint? I read through plugshare, so I see what public infrastructure there is, but this wouldn’t really be public, it would require you to be staying at those places and renting from them.

Thoughts? Or does this belong more in another forum?

You can filter by “has vehicle charging” but it’s not the list I’m after, exactly. I’m looking for places that have a 120 I can plug into while I walk around the entire 2 day stay, not doing much driving, and they don’t mind.

Does anyone make trips there and have a favorite place that always lets you charge without complaint? I read through plugshare, so I see what public infrastructure there is, but this wouldn’t really be public, it would require you to be staying at those places and renting from them.

Thoughts? Or does this belong more in another forum?
IME, that part of Texas is not very dense when it comes to chargers.
- almost any place with 110V will *let you* charge but hosts can charge whatever they want - as it is handled outside of AirBnB platform. I have been asked to pay $200/night to the host letting me charge for free. Few times I have charged at 110V when I was in a bind, average ask is $50
Unless the host mentions the cost in the listing, I would absolutely ask the cost before booking. I would also manually put the amps at 12 just to be on the safe side in case host's house wiring is old/poor quality.
Your best bets are campgrounds which have 14-50 or similar outlets and find a AirBnB close by. An electric scooter can often help ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: azuled
That’s definitely the impression I got looking through the Airbnb listings. I cannot wait for the Alpine Supercharger to get built.
That would be lovely ! I'd love to take my MS to BBNP. But then, Last time I was there, there was a 'shortage' of gas because the supply truck had not made it ! 4 out of 5 stations were totally sold out, so only 1 place had it for $4.8x which I was happy to pay.
At least with electricity, there is no worry about electrons not making it :p

Reactions: azuled