Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to buy/take over your Model Y Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’ve ordered a model Y last year in October thinking I will get my model y before my current car lease expires. But unfortunately my model y got pushed to June/July time. I’ve spoke to customer service and they said I can take over someone else’s model build exactly as mine for the same price that I was quoted back in October. Please see attached for my exact build configuration.

So if anyone is willing to sell or just give out their Tesla reservation please let me know. I really appreciate you. Thanks!

Attachments

• B45022D2-A2AF-42EB-A00F-D6696E85A3A8.jpeg
    B45022D2-A2AF-42EB-A00F-D6696E85A3A8.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 165
Keep an eye on Tesla’s available inventory page. You can download the Discord app and have it alert you when Model Y LR cars pop up on there. It took me about two weeks of doing that and I was able to secure the exact car I had ordered in January. But now I’m getting in next week as opposed to having to wait until July/August. Granted I didn’t have the lower price locked in like you and I doubt Tesla would adjust the price down for you. But if you’re really needing a car I do recommend going the inventory route.

Hi, I’ve ordered a model Y last year in October thinking I will get my model y before my current car lease expires. But unfortunately my model y got pushed to June/July time. I’ve spoke to customer service and they said I can take over someone else’s model build exactly as mine for the same price that I was quoted back in October.
I'm kind-of skeptical that you can take over someone else's build at your reserved price. Never heard of that.
You can definitely follow Discord and grab an inventory mY for _today's_ price:

We were able to bridge a gap of several months with one car. We each worked from home twice a week, and sometimes biked. The biking was surprisingly fun, for winter in Minnesota.

I'm kind-of skeptical that you can take over someone else's build at your reserved price. Never heard of that.
You can definitely follow Discord and grab an inventory mY for _today's_ price:

We were able to bridge a gap of several months with one car. We each worked from home twice a week, and sometimes biked. The biking was surprisingly fun, for winter in Minnesota.
That’s what the Tesla rep told me. I’m on the discord channel. Hoping to get one soon.

Reactions: Teris
Download the discord app or go to the discord website and create a username and then search for Tesla - there are quite a few public discords you can join. The tesla inventory discord has new cars that come available. You can also follow Tesla Inventory Tracker on twitter. They both do the same thing.

are you close by NY? I wanna see if I can push them to get it for the same price that I was initially quoted.
No, I'm in California. But I don't have a VIN, so it may be possible to transfer it to NY. I have another potential buyer who wants to do just that.

But this car is silver with white interior. It has FSD pre price hike, but that can be removed.