Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to purchase a used Model 3 or Y with FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can ask the owner to view the upgrades section of the app or via the main menu in the vehicle.
This ^^^
BUT
if using the app make sure that the vehicle the app is linked to is the same vehicle you are looking at buying. Check the VIN on both the app and car to confirm, or perhaps use the app to honk its horn. Safest and most secure way is to view the screen in the M3/MY and check there.

Now for the paranoid questions. If you buy FSD, any chance it can show up on the screen/app and then go away if some issue with credit card/payment used? Is there a grace period after buying FSD to cancel it, like they did for the acceleration boost? Just wondering if anybody would be scrupulous enough to add FSD to sell the car, and then cancel the FSD after the sale. Hopefully not, but I thought I would raise that possibility here just in case, to cover all the bases...

This ^^^
BUT
if using the app make sure that the vehicle the app is linked to is the same vehicle you are looking at buying. Check the VIN on both the app and car to confirm, or perhaps use the app to honk its horn. Safest and most secure way is to view the screen in the M3/MY and check there.

Now for the paranoid questions. If you buy FSD, any chance it can show up on the screen/app and then go away if some issue with credit card/payment used? Is there a grace period after buying FSD to cancel it, like they did for the acceleration boost? Just wondering if anybody would be scrupulous enough to add FSD to sell the car, and then cancel the FSD after the sale. Hopefully not, but I thought I would raise that possibility here just in case, to cover all the bases...
48 hour cancellation policy. Pretty sure that would be considered fraud if anyone attempted to pull it.