Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like the Infrastructure Bill passes! (not the bill with EV tax credits)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still want to buy a PHEV by Xmas just in case but maybe hold off till next year

so cnn is a bit off ? Here's what's in the bipartisan infrastructure bill

Electric vehicles
The bill would provide $7.5 billion for zero- and low-emission buses and ferries, aiming to deliver thousands of electric school buses to districts across the country, according to the White House.
Another $7.5 billion would go to building a nationwide network of plug-in electric vehicle chargers, according to the bill text.

I still want to buy a PHEV by Xmas just in case but maybe hold off till next year

so cnn is a bit off ? Here's what's in the bipartisan infrastructure bill

Electric vehicles
The bill would provide $7.5 billion for zero- and low-emission buses and ferries, aiming to deliver thousands of electric school buses to districts across the country, according to the White House.
Another $7.5 billion would go to building a nationwide network of plug-in electric vehicle chargers, according to the bill text.
No it’s correct, it’s the “infrastructure” portion of the EV spending, not the consumer EV credit

Reactions: vickh
Have a tax credit question, I am getting a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed today. Does that only make me eligible for the IRS form 8911 30% tax credit or do I also need to have an ev charger installed as well?

I would not let the tax credit affect my decision to buy or not buy. There are too many unknown variables even beyond the basic question of whether the bill will ever pass.
The bill passing or not passing will absolutely affect my decision. At $7500 that I could be saving. It sounds like you’re financially well off to where that would not bother you lol