Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing interest in the Tesla Brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think some of you are taking a WAY too personal take on the company.

They are a business. They need to adopt and adapt and evaluate on a daily basis. As Elon said "You don't start a car company, you just don't"

This business is cut throat. Yea it was fun being part of the early gang of Tesla owners when everything was new and shiny and we were on a sort of Western Expansion premise of business. But times have changed.

They are a business. They need to adopt and adapt and evaluate on a daily basis. As Elon said "You don't start a car company, you just don't"

This business is cut throat. Yea it was fun being part of the early gang of Tesla owners when everything was new and shiny and we were on a sort of Western Expansion premise of business. But times have changed.

We care about Tesla to point out that massive policy changes implemented daily and weekly without thinking them through is not good for Tesla, their customers, or their employees.

Very easy to be a fan and justify and come up with excuses to everything they do. Some of us might take their decisions personally because we are rooting for Tesla to succeed and want them to do well and think through the decisions they make a bit more.

How would you feel now if you were in Tesla Sales and had to support a family?

Reactions: croman and Vitaman

yes I agree 100% but for some reason people just dont get how business works.

how about we ask all those GM workers, oh wait we wouldnt want to point out that this is nothing new in the automotive arena.

That's an impressive false equivalency you came up with there.

Yes, because GM announced they are going to close their sales operations to take it back a week later. :rolleyes:

The point some of us are making is to think through their decisions a bit more and get away from run the company by Twitter or knee-jerk reaction mentality and carefully think through some of the ramifications.

When they discontinued offering a sunroof for the Model S, did they not consider that over 70% of Model S vehicles were configured with a sunroof? We would buy a used Model S with a sunroof over a brand new one that can no longer be ordered with a sunroof.

Reactions: croman
spoke to my SC today in the UK.
Wow. I thought I was pissed at Tesla for being shafted by the price changes.

Seems they are almost terrified to answer the phone as they have had a deluge of calls from irate customers, many of them absolutely livid saying they will never buy Tesla again. Usually I view forum chatter as being the noisy 1%; but clearly this goes way beyond the forum world into the general user base.

The guy sounded so dejected I felt really sorry for him. He said they were all despondent there, and even though as an SC they were not expecting to be directly affected several of them were considering their futures. He said the sales people he knew were in an even worse state which is hardly surprising.

What a completely unnecessary f*ing mess.

(Gonna take them a crate of beer to cheer them up some)

I love my car. I'm sick of Elon's ADHD and the Tesla BOD being unable or unwilling to rein him in. The dude is simply not CEO material and his erratic behavior (not to mention his non-stop COME AT ME BRO toward the SEC) is going to be the end of the brand. Tesla no longer needs an iconoclast at the helm; they've moved past the disruptor phase and need stability.

I love my car. I'm sick of Elon's ADHD and the Tesla BOD being unable or unwilling to rein him in. The dude is simply not CEO material and his erratic behavior (not to mention his non-stop COME AT ME BRO toward the SEC) is going to be the end of the brand. Tesla no longer needs an iconoclast at the helm; they've moved past the disruptor phase and need stability.

Stop being such a grown-up! :))

Reactions: coinneach
Ah! Please be sure to remember that the day you get fired :rolleyes:

Yeah nonsensical arguments by "fans" justifying BS usually does go over my head... :p

and its you who he was talking about a few posts up about the 1% noisy one.....never been fired!

Im more of a realist I can look at the big picture unlike others here that continue to slam Tesla or EM just becuase they are making tough decisions that will effect peoples lives. Do you honestly think they want to layoff people? My guess is no. If you have ever run your own business or worked for a company and been in the decision making pool you would realize how difficult decisions like this are for almost everyone at the company.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evoforce
Don't throw the brand out with the bath water.

On Tesla brand...
Council Post: What Tesla's Valuation Says About The Power Of Branding

Highest ranked American car brand
Tesla Is Now The Highest Ranked American Auto Brand

I owned a Tesla for 4 years, and bought another Tesla. That's brand loyalty. It's the only brand I've ever given repeat business to for personal transportation, I've owned several cars.

I think the new Tesla 3 is better than the S. And it cost less.

And I'd buy another one. These are getting better and cheaper over time.

and its you who he was talking about a few posts up about the 1% noisy one.....never been fired!

Im more of a realist I can look at the big picture unlike others here that continue to slam Tesla or EM just becuase they are making tough decisions that will effect peoples lives. Do you honestly think they want to layoff people? My guess is no. If you have ever run your own business or worked for a company and been in the decision making pool you would realize how difficult decisions like this are for almost everyone at the company.

Unsubscribe.

Don't throw the brand out with the bath water.

On Tesla brand...
Council Post: What Tesla's Valuation Says About The Power Of Branding

Highest ranked American car brand
Tesla Is Now The Highest Ranked American Auto Brand

I owned a Tesla for 4 years, and bought another Tesla. That's brand loyalty. It's the only brand I've ever given repeat business to for personal transportation, I've owned several cars.

I think the new Tesla 3 is better than the S. And it cost less.

And I'd buy another one. These are getting better and cheaper over time.

All true and all the more important for them to think through their decisions a bit more... That's all what many of us are saying.

Seems they are almost terrified to answer the phone as they have had a deluge of calls from irate customers, many of them absolutely livid saying they will never buy Tesla again. Usually I view forum chatter as being the noisy 1%; but clearly this goes way beyond the forum world into the general user base.

The guy sounded so dejected I felt really sorry for him. He said they were all despondent there, and even though as an SC they were not expecting to be directly affected several of them were considering their futures. He said the sales people he knew were in an even worse state which is hardly surprising.

Thanks for posting. I think I will drop off some donuts to my SC and let them know we still appreciate them. Ditto for Sales, but won’t be over by them for awhile.

• Love
Reactions: BinaryField

That is what happens when you attempt to mass produce early adopter cars. Early adopter cars are supposed to be low volume, so for one, you can take care of all their issues without having a huge service presence, and two, early adopters are more forgiving than the general public. Early adopter cars can be innovated on quickly, but the idea is to get to stability before you start making a product for the masses.

It seems Elon is attempting to use a web app model for cars, which it shouldn't take a genius to realize doesn't work for cars. Fixing a web app has a $0 incremental cost per customer. Fixing cars, costs per car per fix - the larger the fleet you have out there, the larger the cost. For Elon's over-the-air innovation model to have a chance of working, he'd need to get the hardware stabilized and only innovate in software alone.

Im more of a realist I can look at the big picture unlike others here that continue to slam Tesla or EM just becuase they are making tough decisions that will effect peoples lives.

Come on man, I think you've had enough. If stuff like choosing whether or not to rip off customers is a "tough decision", then you have some serious problems. I suggest looking for a business ethics class with your company or local college.