Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing interest in the Tesla Brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any other car manufactures ever closed locations? Yes. Has there ever been layoffs at those OEMs? Yes. Tesla is no different.

I'm not losing interest at all and have to just go with the flow just like the ups and downs of ALL manufactures.

Tesla is restructuring their business model which has most likely been in the long term plans for quiet a while. They probably have a 1, 5, 10 etc year plan and plans change and you have to adjust accordingly.

Improvise, adapt and overcome

And that is exactly the problem. Tesla needs to be different, needs to be better and do better, If not, then the company is no different than any other Legacy automaker at the core.

And that is exactly the problem. Tesla needs to be different, needs to be better and do better, If not, then the company is no different than any other Legacy automaker at the core.

They are different and that's what alot of the nay sayers dont like but business is business and they have to make money to stay relevant and alive.

I’m not losing interest in the brand. I think it continues to get more interesting. This is a bold move for sure and if it doesn’t work they can try something else.

As far as the depreciation hit on the high end MS and MX, that seems really harsh. Makes me wonder if they thought it through very well. I would think it would hurt them too significantly on the lease returns.

They are different and that's what alot of the nay sayers dont like but business is business and they have to make money to stay relevant and alive.

It's my opinion that Tesla needs to be more than "Business is Business". they need to pave the way for new ways for car purchasing. If you compile all of the issues with deliveries, refunds, service centers and customer service that should be an indication that something is terribly wrong. Tesla needs to get it together, I understand the restructuring but for someone that doesn't Tesla closely it will be very confusing. Just look at the online Model 3 for example. If someone wanted to order a Model 3 there are no pictures for the upgrades for the interior.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Tesla's Achille's Heel is *service*. It's not cute that the nearest service is over 1 hour away, and that assumes you can get an appointment when you are not working M-F. Good luck convincing a family that they can't get their car fixed for another month.Oh, and you can't drive the car, or even sit in one, until you buy it. Yeah, maybe that works in Google Park, California.

Let's stop making excuses for a "young company". It doesn't take 10 years to figure out how to properly install trim. I had a Miata with similar tolerance issues, but that car was $15K, and oh yeah, it was a Mazda. The on-board computer is an 80386, born in 2012?

Has any other car manufactures ever closed locations? Yes. Has there ever been layoffs at those OEMs? Yes. Tesla is no different.

I'm not losing interest at all and have to just go with the flow just like the ups and downs of ALL manufactures.

Tesla is restructuring their business model which has most likely been in the long term plans for quiet a while. They probably have a 1, 5, 10 etc year plan and plans change and you have to adjust accordingly.

Improvise, adapt and overcome
You DO realize that Elon literally a few months back stated they were opening a bunch of new showrooms, right?

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D
It's my opinion that Tesla needs to be more than "Business is Business". they need to pave the way for new ways for car purchasing. If you compile all of the issues with deliveries, refunds, service centers and customer service that should be an indication that something is terribly wrong. Tesla needs to get it together, I understand the restructuring but for someone that doesn't Tesla closely it will be very confusing. Just look at the online Model 3 for example. If someone wanted to order a Model 3 there are no pictures for the upgrades for the interior.

not everyone is unhappy and not all of the Teslas have issues. You only ever hear about the bad things and not the good. Tesla has been beat up by so many people that had doubts about the company but yet they still keep on ticking and making cars. They could make 1 million cars that have zero issues but god forbid if 10,000 of those had an issue or three you bet your sweet bippy that it would make headlines all over the interwebs and then all the BS about how they need to change things, blah blah blah.

ALL CAR MANUFACTURES HAVE QUALItY ISSUES!!!!! How hard is that for people to understand. I bought a first generation 2001 honda civic back in 2001 and had absolutely zero issues over the 6 years I owned it. I also bought a 2003 Honda Element in 2003 and it was a different story all together. Simple things Honda didnt know how to resolve like the windshield that kept on cracking in the same spot no matter how many times they replaced it and modified the spot that was causing the issue, and dont even get me started with body panel gaps on that thing.

Reactions: pedriscoll
not everyone is unhappy and not all of the Teslas have issues. You only ever hear about the bad things and not the good. Tesla has been beat up by so many people that had doubts about the company but yet they still keep on ticking and making cars. They could make 1 million cars that have zero issues but god forbid if 10,000 of those had an issue or three you bet your sweet bippy that it would make headlines all over the interwebs and then all the BS about how they need to change things, blah blah blah.

ALL CAR MANUFACTURES HAVE QUALItY ISSUES!!!!! How hard is that for people to understand. I bought a first generation 2001 honda civic back in 2001 and had absolutely zero issues over the 6 years I owned it. I also bought a 2003 Honda Element in 2003 and it was a different story all together. Simple things Honda didnt know how to resolve like the windshield that kept on cracking in the same spot no matter how many times they replaced it and modified the spot that was causing the issue, and dont even get me started with body panel gaps on that thing.

Exactly my point, quality issues with a Honda Element is expected, not on a $100,000 plus car or SUV when you purchase it. Panel gaps is a non issue, even high end super cars have them. Months waiting on parts, damaged cars upon delivery, defective paint jobs on new cars, refunds not be issued and etc are the issues that plague Tesla and the release of the Model 3 has made it worse.

Exactly my point, quality issues with a Honda Element is expected, not on a $100,000 plus car or SUV when you purchase it. Panel gaps is a non issue, even high end super cars have them. Months waiting on parts, damaged cars upon delivery, defective paint jobs on new cars, refunds not be issued and etc are the issues that plague Tesla and the release of the Model 3 has made it worse.

I challenge you to find the actual numbers of all the Teslas made that have legit issues not just the less than 10% that are on this board or other forums. Most people that own a Tesla do not partake in the forum experience so we of course do not hear there happiness/issues.

My point about the panel gap was that ALL cars have issues whether its a 10k throw away car or your 100k + cars. Mass production cars will always have quality issues at one point or another.

Does it really matter what he said? All that should matter is what actually happens..
You stated he had "long term plans", making a public statement that his company PLANS to open dozens of new locations this year then literally 60 days later stating he plans to close every single showroom is the complete opposite of long term plans.\, letalone a 1,5 or 10 year plan.

You stated he had "long term plans", making a public statement that his company PLANS to open dozens of new locations this year then literally 60 days later stating he plans to close every single showroom is the complete opposite of long term plans.\, letalone a 1,5 or 10 year plan.

In all business models plans change which is nothing new. Tesla and Elon just go about it a little more bluntly/different. Some people cant handle change.

True, but this was the very reason their stock plummeted. Literally overnite he decided to eliminate tens of thousands of positions and not in a very ethical way either:

Tesla slashes retail employee compensation, seemingly pushing them out instead of layoffs
Since when are jobs guaranteed. My job isn't. I could get laid off tomorrow with no severance pay or anything but fully paid for the hours I've worked. They aren't sales people anymore, so why should they continue to get commission checks? Is it a know fact that Tesla is violating their employment contract?

I challenge you to find the actual numbers of all the Teslas made that have legit issues not just the less than 10% that are on this board or other forums. Most people that own a Tesla do not partake in the forum experience so we of course do not hear there happiness/issues.

My point about the panel gap was that ALL cars have issues whether its a 10k throw away car or your 100k + cars. Mass production cars will always have quality issues at one point or another.

To gather such data would almost be impossible and you can only guess the numbers. The issues that some owners are having can be addressed very easily with QC at the factory, leaving the factory and upon delivery. With the spot light on Tesla they will have to do better, every fud and short are watching and hoping for failure. Waiting months for parts and ect. is not acceptable.

Reactions: Droschke

I maintain this from day 1...Tesla MS/MX are 70k battery and r&d..30k actual car. It will have 30k car problems. One cannot compare to actual 100k+ luxury/sports cars with an inverse ratio...70k car/30k drivetrain.

Over time 2 things will happen: 1. battery tech price will fall and either the sale price will fall accordingly with the same fit, finish and features or 2. Battery tech price will fall and fit, luxuries/finish and features will increase accordingly at the same sale price ie. 50/50 ratio and eventually yes 70/30 as most ICE cars today.