Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of VPN keys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster. While taking delivery of SR+ M3 last week , I was informed that there is some connectivity issues with the car and Tesla is unable to ping the vehicle. I was asked to drop the vehicle at the service center and they have been trying to diagnosing the issue and finally figured it out today after 3 days. The vehicle has lost the VPN keys and thus unable to access Tesla websites and also the updates as well and the SC has requested that the files be restored.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

I have same problem with my 2020 model 3 sr+. It was offline (not connected to any network) for more than a year and it's lost vpn certificates and is unable to update or connect to phone.

Does anybody had such problem or is there any way to restore certificates ? (i cannot drive to service, its not available at my country)

I have same problem with my 2020 model 3 sr+. It was offline (not connected to any network) for more than a year and it's lost vpn certificates and is unable to update or connect to phone.

Does anybody had such problem or is there any way to restore certificates ? (i cannot drive to service, its not available at my country)
Two button reboot? Reboot from the car service screen. As a last resort, do a factory reset from the service screen.

I suspect once digital certificates are due to expire and are not renewed in time through software updates, you will end up inside a loop where both new and old cert validations are failing. Only way to update them is then through manual interventions and procedures in the service centre.
Or why Teslas need constant software updates ...

Thanks for reply,

I have problem with service, scene its not available in my country (Georgia). I am trying to reach services in Greece or somewhere nearby. I'm hoping to find a solution that doesn't involve physically bringing the car to a service center in a different country..

I hope on some kind of "remote" service :(