Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost UK Accessory Shipment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a pair of Air Filters to fit in my Model 3.
The shipment arrived at DHL East Midlands on 14 May.
Since then it seems to have disappeared.
I've contacted Tesla, twice, and DHL, once.
No response.

Any suggestions as how I Can escalate this issue?

I had some paint sent DHL by Homebase. It was ‘delivered’ but signed for by “Destroyed”. I presume they played football with the can.
rang DHL and they said contact Homebase who eventually refunded and replaced.
I’d talk to DHL first off and see what they say.

I ordered a pair of Air Filters to fit in my Model 3.
The shipment arrived at DHL East Midlands on 14 May.
Since then it seems to have disappeared.
I've contacted Tesla, twice, and DHL, once.
No response.

Any suggestions as how I Can escalate this issue?
Tesla support are useless by email for this stuff they took 2 months to respond to my last query and the response was "Do you still need help with this" I responded yes then nothing for another 2 months then "Do you still need help with this" again and so on for SIX MONTHS.
Finally got my mudflaps today which I ordered on December 18th 🍾

Since DHL have it I would focus on them initially though if it was May its probably lost forever sadly. you could try the chat bot:

and if that is no good I would phone Tesla.

Tesla support are useless by email for this stuff they took 2 months to respond to my last query and the response was "Do you still need help with this" I responded yes then nothing for another 2 months then "Do you still need help with this" again and so on for SIX MONTHS.
Finally got my mudflaps today which I ordered on December 18th 🍾

Since DHL have it I would focus on them initially though if it was May its probably lost forever sadly. you could try the chat bot:

and if that is no good I would phone Tesla.
Paid by credit card? You have recourse via the card company. Even some help if you used a debit card.

But we're not talking big money here. Just order more from another supplier. Not worth the aggro.

Last edited:
If you are reordering from elsewhere, it may also be worth considering searching for “tesla model 3 air filters hepa” as hepa filters are supposed to made to a higher standard. If It were me, I’d probably avoid cheap Chinese ones though in this instance.

I’ve not used them myself, but have come across a few articles with people upgrading the filters to HEPA ones.

Ordered Model 3 aero wheel centre caps on the 5th May got a notification on the 6th they’d shipped, but the DHL tracking says the goods haven’t been handed to them.

Contacted the online orders email address a dozen times since, finally had a reply a few weeks ago asking if the item still hadn’t arrived, I replied and it was another couple of weeks for another reply.

Meanwhile I’ve contacted Tesla support on the phone who couldn’t help. I spoke to the Service Center on Monday who couldn’t help but suggested emailing Customer Support, which I did, who replied… they can’t help, but would forward my email to the online orders email address!

As of Tuesday I had another email from the online orders address saying they are investigating with the warehouse and will let me know…

Ordered Model 3 aero wheel centre caps on the 5th May got a notification on the 6th they’d shipped, but the DHL tracking says the goods haven’t been handed to them.

Contacted the online orders email address a dozen times since, finally had a reply a few weeks ago asking if the item still hadn’t arrived, I replied and it was another couple of weeks for another reply.

Meanwhile I’ve contacted Tesla support on the phone who couldn’t help. I spoke to the Service Center on Monday who couldn’t help but suggested emailing Customer Support, which I did, who replied… they can’t help, but would forward my email to the online orders email address!

As of Tuesday I had another email from the online orders address saying they are investigating with the warehouse and will let me know…
Shambolic... unacceptable.
I spent most of my working life in customer facing, technical support positions.
The sort of response we seem to get from Tesla will damage their image.
I have contacted the card company to dispute the payment, only £30.00 I know, but that isn't the point.