Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Wifi While Driving since Spring Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or just me, have a 2024 Model 3 RWD and noticed today that wifi no longer remains connected while driving. Previously I used to connect to my phone's data via hotspot and it worked flawlessly but noticed it's not anymore since the Spring Update. The "Remain connected to wifi while driving" option is also no longer there. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this done on purpose to force more people to subscribe to premium connectivity?

Which "Spring Update" are you referring to? 2024.14-.5? .6? .7? (etc.)

But my standard response with any problems after a firmware update is to do a Touchscreen Reset

I use it to download .8 a couple of weeks ago and will use it to download .9 on my drive home tonight.

(I have Premium connectivity, but you can't use it for downloads).

Reactions: Shikogi
Which "Spring Update" are you referring to? 2024.14-.5? .6? .7? (etc.)

But my standard response with any problems after a firmware update is to do a Touchscreen Reset

I use it to download .8 a couple of weeks ago and will use it to download .9 on my drive home tonight.

(I have Premium connectivity, but you can't use it for downloads).
Hey Thanks for the reply. I'm on 2024.14.9

Will try the touchscreen reset tomorrow morning and see if it makes a difference, thanks for that. I just thought it was weird that the actual "wifi remain connected while driving" option has dissappeared.

Okay I decided to go and try the Touch screen reset just now, after doing so, I still noticed it was not staying connected to Wifi after going in to drive, so I decided to try and maybe forget the Wifi network, as I pressed the dropdown arrow under the wifi network, I noticed the "remain connected while driving" option suddenly appear and was unselected. So, I re-selected it, tested it out and all is back to normal. So leaving this here for anyone else that might experience this, seems the update reset that particular setting and then they decided to hide it somewhere that was not obvious..

Just in case anyone sees this post, it turns out that I had the same issue with not having the stay connected while driving, but my hot spot was not secure.

I turned on security from my hotspot, entered a password, and then I had the option.