Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud buzzing noise near screen!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates from service regarding this? I took delivery two days ago and have had the issue since day one. I didn’t notice until I was sitting inside with everything off except the screen and realized that the constant humming/buzzing can’t be normal.

I had this after getting my cabin camera swapped for one with IR, buzzing/crackling coming from where the IR emitters are in the rearview mirror/cabin camera housing.

I took the housing open, and cleaned the plastic and all touching parts with alcohol wipes, and problem seemed solved after that.

Finally went in for service for this and other things. Had the absolute rudest service advisor who insulted me for bringing up concerns. I mentioned the issue and how it could be related to the cabin fan or cabin temp sensor. He didn’t say anything about it when returning my car and when I asked, said the car makes lots of noises so it’s normal. I’ll probably try again at another service center, but I didn’t feel like dealing with the service advisor anymore.

Finally went in for service for this and other things. Had the absolute rudest service advisor who insulted me for bringing up concerns. I mentioned the issue and how it could be related to the cabin fan or cabin temp sensor. He didn’t say anything about it when returning my car and when I asked, said the car makes lots of noises so it’s normal. I’ll probably try again at another service center, but I didn’t feel like dealing with the service advisor anymore.
Did you sit in the car with the advisor together? Turning off the AC, then the noise is pretty obvious.

Did you sit in the car with the advisor together? Turning off the AC, then the noise is pretty obvious.
He was not interested in the slightest, and after catching major attitude from him for other things, I didn’t want to waste my time. I managed to show him a video I had with everything off where the noise is so obvious. He brushed it off as the car runs many things and is always checking sensors, so you must have been in the car at that time. Obviously bs, but I decided I’d rather try again at another service center with someone interested in at least trying to help. This guy apparently decided as soon as we walked out to my car, that there was nothing wrong my car in any way and I need to get a life if I thought otherwise. Yes, these words were actually said lol.

He was not interested in the slightest, and after catching major attitude from him for other things, I didn’t want to waste my time. I managed to show him a video I had with everything off where the noise is so obvious. He brushed it off as the car runs many things and is always checking sensors, so you must have been in the car at that time. Obviously bs, but I decided I’d rather try again at another service center with someone interested in at least trying to help. This guy apparently decided as soon as we walked out to my car, that there was nothing wrong my car in any way and I need to get a life if I thought otherwise. Yes, these words were actually said lol.
Did you finally figure out a fix?