Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud rattling fan noise when using super charger. Not normal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, my wife noticed this noise a couple of weeks ago. It is a very loud, teeth clenching, rattle when the fan in the front turns on.

It started when the car was charging at the supercharger a few times however it has also come on when we were at home.

It sounds like the fan is loose or hitting the cowl or similar.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Please see video.

Any advice or help welcomed before I go to the service center that I have booked into in early March.

Cheers

Attachments

• Model 3 fan rattle.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 190
yeah sounds like the fan is damaged I would defiantly get it Looked at as soon as possible as the fan is used for cooling. I have not had mine opened up at all personally the other bad news is I can’t seem to find instructions on how to get there in the 3 and it looks like they mount it either at a severe angle which can make replacement fun…

if you are still under warranty would 100% reach out to tesla and get it replaced.

if OOW may be able to do yourself but sadly it looks complicated but this video i found shows how you can clean out the top side of the fins