Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud whine coming from AC on new MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my MY a few days ago. It is extremely hot where I am at so the ac has been running a lot and on high settings. It makes a very loud whine that you can hear both inside and out. I tested it with the heat on and don’t hear anything, so maybe a coolant pump issue? Just wanted to see if this is normal or not. You can hear it pick up at around the 8 second mark.

Mine is doing that too. I can feel the vibration in the wheel when it happens. It goes away after about .5 miles of driving, so I think it is more related to battery cooling because it just started doing it this week when the weather up here in NY got super hot.

It also didn't do it this morning as the weather cooled to 78 deg F.

Mine is doing that too. I can feel the vibration in the wheel when it happens. It goes away after about .5 miles of driving, so I think it is more related to battery cooling because it just started doing it this week when the weather up here in NY got super hot.

It also didn't do it this morning as the weather cooled to 78 deg F.
Good to know, thank you for the reply.

Just got my MY a few days ago. It is extremely hot where I am at so the ac has been running a lot and on high settings. It makes a very loud whine that you can hear both inside and out. I tested it with the heat on and don’t hear anything, so maybe a coolant pump issue? Just wanted to see if this is normal or not. You can hear it pick up at around the 8 second mark.

Normal. Sounds like a jet engine winding up. Normal.